From left, Proenza Schouler, Y-3, Anna Sui.Photos: imaxtree.com
1. Avion Feminin — a small, quiet and brand new line showing by appointment only in the West Village. It’s exactly the pared-down cool that girls who really live and work in New York want. We’re crossing our fingers that some clever boutique will snap it up.
2. The exploded high-tops and collared hoodie at Y-3.
3. It was a little bit warmer today. We liked that.
4. Opening our Rodarte gift bag to find a DVD of The Double Life of Véronique.
8. At Proenza Schouler, nearly everything. But particularly the coats with knit trim, the trousers, the thin, layered T-shirts.
9. The little black suit with shiny round buttons worn by Anouck Lepere in the Michael Kors show.
10. And the Michael Kors show itself, which always has the best production value of the season. Great music (a Dee-Lite/Gwen Stefani mash up this time) and tons of models moving quickly, and (seemingly) having fun. So much to look at!