• New York’s beauty editor, Aja Mangum, stops by the main floor at Saks to share her wisdom. Head to the eighth floor if you want to hear New York’s design editor, Wendy Goodman, talk about how to buy the perfect presents. Saks Fifth Avenue, 611 Fifth Ave., at 50th St., (212-753-4000); 1–3.
• Meet Mark Badgley and James Mischka as they debut their new Badgley Mischka Platinum Handbag collection. Saks Fifth Avenue, 611 Fifth Ave., at 50th St., main fl.; (212-753-4000); 4–6.
• The Great Designers symposium starts Friday, so make sure you’re registered. You’ll get two full days of lectures from top industry professionals like designer Maria Cornejo, Bergdorf senior VP Linda Fargo, and fashion-history professor Caroline Evans. The Museum at FIT, Seventh Ave., at 27th St., rm. E301; 9:30–5.
• The Bill Blass sample sale offers womenswear up to 90 percent off at the independent designer retail hub Underground NYC. Dresses that were $500 to $700 are now $50 to $70. Jackets, tops, pants, and skirts are also on sale tomorrow through Sunday. 440 Broadway, nr. Grand St. (212-226-4312); 3/13–3/14 (12–8), 3/15–3/16 (12–8).
• Men’s and women’s apparel from Paul Smith is marked down up to 80 percent at the sample sale. Women’s dresses are down to $150 (originally $1,000), and a men’s suit is priced at $375 (originally $1,800). 76 Greene St., nr. Broome.; 3/13–3/14 (11–7); 3/15 (11–3).
• Stock up on jeans at the Elizabeth Charles sale, where you can find up to 40 percent off all 18th Amendment and Karen Walker denim. Through 3/22. 639 ½ Hudson St.; (212-243-3201). Tue-Sat, noon-7:30; Sun, noon-6:30; Mon, closed.
• Kate McGregor of Kaight’s ecofriendly boutique marks up to 60 percent off for all end-of-season merchandise. A silk shift is now $82 (originally $205), and a sweater coat that was $345 is now $138. 83 Orchard St., nr. Broome St. (212-680-5630); 3/13-3/15 (12–8), 3/16 (11–7).
It’s never too late to stock up on quality winter hats, which you’ll find at the Patricia Underwood trunk show. Through 3/14. Bergdorf Goodman, 754 Fifth Ave., at 57th St., main fl.; 10–8.
• For stylish eyewear, check out the Felice Dee annual sale, offering up to 70 percent off frames from Alain Mikli, Lafont, Francois Pinton, and more. Receive twenty percent off prescription lenses while designer frames are $25 to $650. Through 3/15. 69 E. 71st St., nr. Park Ave.; (212-717-7062); 3/13-3/15 (10-6).
• Theory pants, Splendid tees, and Nanette Lepore dresses are up to 75 percent off at Olive & Bette’s; Tibi skirts and dresses were $250 to $350 but now go for $75. 384 Bleecker St., at Perry St. (212-206-0036); 8–7.
STARTING TOMORROW, 3/14:
• Donna Karan is clearing out her closet and selling her personal stash of vintage clothes, jewelry, and furniture for $20 to $2,000. Proceeds benefit the designer’s Urban Zen Initiative, which promotes well-being, preserves cultures, and empowers kids. Stephan Weiss Studio, 711 Greenwich St., nr. 10th St.; 10–7.
• For one day only, men’s and women’s Issey Miyake, Pleats Please, and HaaT are 60 to 80 percent off retail. 139 Franklin St., at Varick St., second fl. (212-226-1334 x231); 8–4.
ENDING TOMORROW, 3/14:
• Elijah’s fall and holiday collections are up to 70 percent off. Expect draped feminine dresses and plenty of rosettes. Through March 14. 252 W. 38th St., nr. Seventh Ave., Ste. 1502; (no number); 3/12-3/14 (10-8).
For more deals, check out our Sales & Bargains calendar.