• The Great Designers symposium starts today. If you’re registered, you’ll get two full days of lectures from top industry professionals like designer Maria Cornejo, Bergdorf senior VP Linda Fargo, and fashion-history professor Caroline Evans. The Museum at FIT, Seventh Ave., at 27th St., rm. E301; 9:30–5.
• Donna Karan is clearing out her closet and selling her personal stash of vintage clothes, jewelry, and furniture for $20 to $2,000 today and tomorrow only. Proceeds benefit the designer’s Urban Zen Initiative, which promotes well-being by merging Eastern and Western medicinal practices. Stephan Weiss Studio, 711 Greenwich St., nr. 10th St.; 10–7.
• For one day only, men’s and women’s Issey Miyake, Pleats Please, and HaaT are 60 to 80 percent off retail. 139 Franklin St., at Varick St., second fl. (212-226-1334, ext. 231); 8–4.
• Elijah’s fall and holiday collections are up to 70 percent off. Expect draped feminine dresses and plenty of rosettes. Through 3/14. 252 W. 38th St., nr. Seventh Ave., Ste. 1502 (no number); 3/12–3/14 (10–8).
• It’s never too late to stock up on quality winter hats. So come to the Patricia Underwood trunk show. Bergdorf Goodman, 754 Fifth Ave., at 57th St., main fl. (212-753-7300); 10–8.
• Do your kids need new jeans? Today only you’ll get 20 percent off your other purchases after buying two pairs of regularly priced kids’ denim. Bloomingdale’s, 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); 1–4.
• Men’s and women’s apparel from Paul Smith is marked down up to 80 percent at the sample sale. Women’s dresses are down to $150 (originally $1,000), and a men’s suit is priced at $375 (originally $1,800). 76 Greene St., nr. Broome St.; 3/13–3/14 (11–7); 3/15 (11–3).
• Kate McGregor of Kaight’s ecofriendly boutique marks up to 60 percent off for all end-of-season merchandise. A silk shift is now $82 (originally $205), and a sweater coat that was $345 is now $138. 83 Orchard St., nr. Broome St. (212-680-5630); 3/13-3/15 (12–8), 3/16 (11–7).
• The Bill Blass sample sale offers womenswear up to 90 percent off at the independent designer retail hub Underground NYC. Dresses that were $500 to $700 are now $50 to $70. Jackets, tops, pants, and skirts are also on sale through Sunday. 440 Broadway, nr. Grand St. (212-226-4312); 3/13–3/14 (12–8), 3/15–3/16 (12–8).
For more deals, check out our Sales & Bargains calendar.