• Learn how to apply makeup from the expert Bobbi Brown when she stops by Bloomingdale’s to show off her signature techniques. Or call 212-705-2057 for an appointment with one of Bobbi’s beauty-team members. Bloomingdale’s, 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St.; 11–1.
• The Vitamin A trunk show at Bloomingdale’s will have fit specialists on hand so customers can find the suit that fits them best! Customers who make a purchase from Vitamin A will receive a Vitamin A tote bag. Bloomingdale’s, 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St.; 6–8.
• Make an appointment for a consultation with YSL national makeup artist Stanley Owings. Barneys, 660 Madison Ave., at 61st St. (212-833-2612); 11–7.
• Though spring weather is just kicking in, Saks already has a preview of Ralph Lauren’s fall collection, featuring sharp coats and sparkling gowns. Through 4/18. Saks Fifth Avenue, 611 Fifth Ave., at 50th St., third fl. (212-940-2553); 10–5.
• The Upper West Side isn’t the usual hot spot for designer shopping, but BOC is slashing prices on Alexander Wang, Vivienne Westwood, and Barbara Bui by 50 to 80 percent; a 3.1 phillip lim coat is now $220. 491 Columbus Ave., nr. 83rd St. (212-362-5405); 4/17–4/19 (noon–8).
• The Clothing Line sample sale features newly reduced prices off of the Converse by John Varvatos collection, Hickey men’s clothes, and Kooba bags, with prices up to 75 percent off retail. At Converse, score a men’s polo for $35 or a dress for $100. At Hickey for men, try two pairs of trousers for $100 total, while at Kooba a few handbags and clutches are still available. Through 4/17. 261 W. 36th St., nr. Seventh Ave., second fl.; 4/16 (10–6); 4/17 (10–7).
• John Hardy makes handmade jewelry inspired by the ancient culture of Bali. For two days many of his designs are on sale. Men’s and women’s jewelry in sterling silver, gold, diamonds, and gemstones are 60 to 75 percent off retail. Through 4/17. 601 W. 26th St., nr. Eleventh Ave., nineteenth fl. (212-219-4288); Wed. and Thurs. (10–5).
• Men’s clothes and accessories from Raf Simons, Adam Kimmel, and Rag & Bone are up to 80 percent off at Bblessing. Through 4/19. 5 Crosby St., nr. Grand St., Ste. 6D (212-378-8005); Fri. and Sat. (noon–7).
• The Designer Expo sample sale hits NYC tomorrow. The main stock includes the overstock of Christian Audigier, Ed Hardy, and Smet (think L.A. Bret Michaels–esque dudewear) for hoodies, jeans, jackets, tanks, and accessories at 40 to 80 percent off retail. The rest of the selection includes Rock & Republic, Juicy Couture, and True Religion all marked down. Through 4/20. 72 Greene St., nr. Spring St.; Fri.–Sun. (11–8).
• Normally sold at Saks Fifth Avenue, Linda Richards is offering trenches in modern neutrals and sleek rainwear in funky fabrics for 60 percent off at the warehouse sale. 209 W. 38th St., nr. Seventh Ave., Ste. 505 (212-382-2257); through 4/18; Mon.–Fri. (9–6).
• Nick & Nora is moving so they’re hosting a sample sale. The sale features women’s, men’s, and kids’ sleepwear and accessories (like pajamas, robes, slippers, etc.) marked down for under $50 per item. Cash only. Through 4/18. 35 W. 35th St., nr. Fifth Ave., fourth fl. (212-629-9500); Tues.–Fri. (11–6).