Forbes’s annual list of the top fifteen highest-paid models is out. Hooray! Writing about fashion just wouldn’t be the same without constant reminders of how paltry our clothing budgets are. Gisele Bündchen tops the list by far, with estimated earnings of $35 million over the past twelve months. Heidi Klum’s earnings are chump change by comparison, amounting to less than half of Bundchen’s at $14 million. How did “German übermodel Klum wrangle the number two spot?
[B]y virtue of not only her television success as host and executive producer of Bravo’s (soon to be Lifetime’s) Project Runway, and as the host of Germany’s version of America’s Next Top Model, but with a slew of campaigns and partnerships including ones with Diet Coke, Jordache and Mouawad jewelry. In her home country, there’s new deals with McDonald’s, …Volkswagen …and hair care giant Schwarzkopf.
Um, McDonald’s?! *Lightbulb* So that’s how she maintains her figure!
Missing from this year’s list is Victoria’s Secret beauty Alessandra Ambrosio, who’s taking a little hiatus to have a baby. Find the full list, earnings included, after the jump.
1. Gisele Bundchen - $35 million
2. Heidi Klum - $14 million
3. Kate Moss - $7.5 million
4. Adriana Lima - $7 million
5. Doutzen Kroes - $6 million
6. Karolina Kurkova - $5 million
7. Natalia Vodianova - $4.8 million
8. Carolyn Murphy - $4.5 million
9. Daria Werbowy - $3.8 million
10. Miranda Kerr - $3.5 million
11. Isabeli Fontana - $3 million
11. Gemma Ward - $3 million
12. Selita Ebanks - $2.7 million
13. Valentina Zelyaeva - $2.3 million
14. Hilary Rhoda - $2 million
15. Liya Kebede - $1.5 million
The World’s Top-Earning Models [Forbes]