On Saturday, we infiltrated throngs of hipsters at McCarren Park Pool to check out the goods at the fourth annual Renegade Craft Fair. The selection was heavy on screen-printed tees and letterpress cards, but the range of accessories turned up some interesting finds, like Loyalty and Blood’s patina-painted brass earrings, lacelike cuffs from Nervous System, and slouchy leather shoulder bags from Hoibo. Torrential rains in the afternoon sent shoppers huddling under water-logged tents while the bolder of the bunch sprinted as fast as their skinny jeans would allow them to nearby bars, and forced crafters to pack up their wares in a hurry. In case crowds of hipsters scare you and you missed the fair or you didn’t beat the rain, here are a few of our favorite finds and a list of where you can buy them in stores:
• Devendra necklace: Erica Weiner’s collection incorporates found objects from around the world. This necklace pairs a mottled feather and a mesh ginkgo-leaf charm on a brass chain ($35). Available at Cog & Pearl, 190 Fifth Ave., at Sackett St., Park Slope, Brooklyn; 718-623-8200
• Fir Earrings: Trained as an illustrator, Laura Su of Prismera Design creates intricate stainless-steel pieces featuring Art Nouveau–inspired botanical shapes like honey locust, fir, or rosemary ($75 to $150). Available at Camilla Boutique, 355 Atlantic Ave., nr. Hoyt St., Boerum Hill, Brooklyn; 718-422-0282.
• Reclaimed-Metal Earrings: Anna Johansson’s Anna Built line of earrings is handmade from reclaimed and recycled metals, like tea canisters, enameled cans, or decorative vintage tins ($22). Available at Refinery, 254 Smith St., nr. Degraw St., Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn; 718-643-7861.
• Ant Ring: Though she’s known for her whimsical stationery, Leigh Batnick’s Vagabond Picnic collection of earrings, necklaces, and rings fitted with gleaming 14-karat-rose-gold ants make for clever summer accent pieces ($200 to $400 each). Available at Catbird, 219 Bedford Ave., at N. 5th St., Williamsburg, Brooklyn; 718-599-3457.
• Poor Little Rich Girl Bracelet: Joanna Petrone’s Ach Ach Liebling line of antique-inspired pieces incorporates brass and hand-fabricated plastic ($45). Available at Catbird’s original location, 390 Metropolitan Ave., nr. Havemeyer St., Williamsburg, Brooklyn; 718-388-7688.
• Hand-Crocheted Earrings: A.S.I.S.’s hand-crocheted earrings (short for Angela Spencer’s Irresistible Stuff) are woven from vintage cotton, passed down from Spencer’s great-grandmother ($40 to $48). Available at Min-K, 219 Mott St., nr. Spring St.; 212-219-2834.