We just received our very own copy of The Park Avenue Diet (beach body here we come!). In addition to groundbreaking weight-loss tips (don’t overeat! Avoid processed foods!), the book offers tips on how to feel beautiful on the inside. Tinsley Mortimer penned the chapter on interpersonal skills. Her “winning combination of charitable contributions, elegant beauty, and entrepreneurial savvy” and the fact that she “has excelled at tennis” make her an expert on the topic. She writes:
So being self-obsessed but not letting anyone know will make us popular? How do we do it, Tinz?!
We’ve condensed her tips into a handy bulleted list.
• “Do not judge people beforehand, quickly, or superficially; try to like them and get to know them as individuals.”
• “Be sincere, be inclusive, be respectful, and be positive.”
• “Show respect to everyone. Even a person in the lowest imaginable job is a human being with feelings.”
• “Don’t put on a façade when you interact with other people.”
• “If you have been the guest in someone’s home, have received a present, or have simply been treated specially, always send a thank-you note on lovely stationery … Put down that Blackberry — e-mails are inadequate.”
Oh, Tinz! We could have come up with those ourselves. This is exactly how the fashion industry operates, after all.