• The kitschy, fun, youthful stock from Fred Flare opens its first-ever brick-and-mortar store tonight, and they’re celebrating with Champagne, treats, music, and surprise gifts. 131 Meserole Ave., nr. Leonard St., Greenpoint, Brooklyn (718-599-9221); 711.
• Sunday: Acclaimed French boutique Comptoir des Cotonniers is celebrating the opening of its first New York store with a mother-daughter casting for its campaign, to be held at the boutique. Mothers and daughters should come dressed in their best attire; winners will be flown to Paris in December for the Comptoir des Cotonniers spring 2009 fashion show as well as a fashion shoot broadcast worldwide. Comptoir de Cotonniers, 155 Spring St., nr. Wooster St. (646-747-3018); 37.
• Costume National’s ready-to-wear for men and women is up to 90 percent off as they prepare to move shops. Through 10/26. 108 Wooster St., nr. Prince St. (212-431-1530); Thurs.Sat. (98), Sun. (107).
• Imitation of Christ is having a sample sale, not only on their line but also on Chris & Jaime, Orthodox, and Margaritasaplala. Through 10/26. 201 Mulberry St., nr. Kenmare St.; Fri. (9–8), Sat.–Sun. (12–8).
• Save 20 percent off gear for your pup at Mascot’s sale. Just type MCTFALL08 at checkout. Last time we checked, they had a puffer coat for dogs. Adorable. Through 10/31.
• Get discounts on Prada and Miu Miu ready-to-wear and footwear from past seasons at their friends-and-family sample sale. Through 10/24. 609 W. 51st St., nr. Eleventh Ave.; Sat.–Sun. (9–6), Mon.–Fri. (9–8).
• Betsey Johnson’s fun, girlie collections are on sale; evening dresses are $120, day dresses are $90, and sportswear is $50. Through 10/24. Millennium Broadway Hotel, 145 W. 44th St., nr. Sixth Ave.; Wed.–Fri. (9–8).
• Don’t miss the Castle Starr sample sale featuring 40 to 60 percent off retail prices; dresses are $290 from $600, and tops are $180 from $400. Through 10/24. 494 Eighth Ave., nr. 35th St., third fl. (212-564-8083); 9–9.
• Gant is slashing 80 percent off its classic menswear basics; a red flannel shirt is $29 from $115, and wool blazers are $95 from $545 to $845. Through 10/24. 20 W. 55th St., nr. Fifth Ave., eleventh fl. (212-230-1949); Wed.–Thurs. (8:30–6:30), Fri. (8:30–5).
• Hit the Bonpoint sale for 50 to 75 percent off fancy French kids’ clothes; an Adelia blouse is now $58. Through 10/24. 317 W. 33rd St., nr. Eighth Ave. (718-747-1656); Wed. and Thurs. (9–6:30); Fri. (9–5).
• Sanyo Fashion House is hosting a sample sale on men’s raincoats and outerwear with coats starting at $49. Through 10/24. 525 Seventh Ave., nr. 38th St., Ste. 904 (212-869-2990); 9–5.
• Halloween arrives early at Old Navy, with activities and free goodies, like trick-or-treat bags, shopping discounts, a costume contest, and a chance to win free clothing, at all Old Navy stores. Click here for locations.
• Stop by the Elie Tahari sample sale for 70 to 80 percent off men’s and women’s clothing, shoes, and handbags. A brown, silk, embroidered cocktail dress is $159 from $448, and knee-high leather flat boots are $199 from $625. Through 10/25. 510 Fifth Ave., nr. 43rd St., ground fl. (212-398-2622); Tues.–Fri. (8:30–7:30), Sat. (10–5).
• Robert Marc marks 50 to 90 percent off eyewear. A pair of Lunor glasses start at $49 from $475 to $995, and Gimme:Glasses start at $59 from $325 to $395. Through 10/25. Metropolitan Pavilion, 123 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave., fourth fl. (212-675-5200); 10–7.
• Tusk is hosting a 50 to 70 percent off sale on their colorful, functional, Italian leather handbags, wallets, and travel accessories. Through 10/25. 242 W. 26th St., nr. Seventh Ave. (212-242-8485); 11–7. Closed Sunday.
• The prices may not be bargain basement, but staples from Hickey Freeman and Bobby Jones are up to 75 percent off; suits that started at $1,395 are now from $680. Through 10/30. 317 W. 33rd St., nr. Eighth Ave. (718-747-1656); Sun. (9–6); Mon.–Wed. (9–6:30); Thurs. (9–5).
• Streetwear and sneaker kings Alife and A.R.C. are taking 20 to 50 percent off stock at their Courtyard Clearance Sale this weekend. Through 10/26. 158 Rivington St., nr. Delancey St. (212-375-8128); Thurs.–Sat. (12–7), Sun. (12–6).
• The Evisu sale offers 50 to 90 percent off the brand’s signature denim, hoodies, shirts, dresses, and outerwear, plus several exclusive pieces. Through 10/26. 440 Broadway, nr. Grand St.; 11–7.
• Oliver Peoples frames can easily cost $350 to $500, but at the sale, select styles are $121 and under. Through 10/26. 755 Madison Ave., at 65th St. (212-585-3433), and 366 W. Broadway, at Broome St. (212-925-5400); call for store hours.
• Johnson is slashing prices on their cute, vintage-inspired frocks by up to 80 percent. Through 10/26. 179 Orchard St., nr. Stanton St. (646-602-8688); Mon.–Fri. (1–7), Sat. (12:30–8), Sun. (noon–6).