• Meet jewelry designer Gurhan as he exhibits his photography for the first time and presents his spring 2009 collection. Personalized engraving comes with any purchase. Saks Fifth Avenue. 611 Fifth Ave., at 49th St., first fl. (212-753-4000); 4–7.
• Nick Barose, a celebrity makeup artist for Clarins, is on hand to test out the brand’s new fall colors and offer time-saving techniques. Buy $100 worth of products and get a free gift. Barneys New York, 660 Madison Ave., nr. 61st St., ground fl. (212-833-2680); 11–7, call for appointment.
• Abaeté’s sample sale includes sundresses, sweaters, jackets, and more from the spring and fall 2008 collections for up to 80 percent off. Through 11/8. 560 Broadway, nr. Prince St. (212-334-4755); Thurs.Fri. (117), Sat. (126).
• The Lara Helene Bridal Atelier’s sale includes gowns at up to 70 percent off. Through 11/7. 13 E. 69th St., nr. Madison Ave. (212-452-3273); call for appointment.
• Mantero has Christian Lacroix, Pucci, Viktor & Rolf , and other designer scarves and ties available at sample-sale prices. Through 11/10. 32 W. 39th St., nr. Fifth Ave., seventh fl. (212-575-7050); Thurs.–Fri. (9.–6), Sat–Sun. (closed), Mon. (9.–6).
• A mink jacket from Adrienne Landau was $1,890 and now is $950, and an embroidered velvet coat with fox trim was $2,000 and now is $890. Other pillows, accessories, scarves, jackets, and more are up to 85 percent off. Through 11/6. 519 Eighth Ave., nr. 35th St. (732-539-7329); Tues.–Thurs. (10–6).
• Butter, Tibi, Something Bleu, and Nancy Geist are having a sample-stock footwear sale. Through 11/13. 307 Seventh Ave., nr. 28th St., Ste. 2307; Mon.–Fri. (10–7), Sat.–Sun. (closed).
• Sandals, ballet flats, and wedges are from $40 at the Matt Bernson sale. Through 11/8. 434 Greenwich St., nr. Vestry St. (212-941-7634); Fri.–Sat. (noon–7).
• The wrap dresses by Butter by Nadia (usually sold at Calypso) are on sale. Through 11/8. House of Butter, 405 Van Brunt St., at Van Dyke St., Red Hook, Brooklyn (347-410-3203); call for hours.
• Find 20 percent off everything at the Brooklyn boutique Jumelle, such as A.P.C.’s apple necklace for $88 (regularly $110) or Mociun’s scarf for $116 (regularly $144). Through 11/7. 148 Bedford Ave., nr. 9th St., Williamsburg, Brooklyn (718-388-9525); Thurs.–Fri. (12–7:30).
• The Anna Sui sample sale has items starting at $15, and the rest of the stock is 70 to 80 percent off retail prices. Through 11/7. 250 W. 39th St., nr. Seventh Ave., eighteenth fl.; Mon.–Fri. (8–9, 11:30–2:30, 4:30–7).
• Tibi’s lamb’s-wool sweater capes are $104 (originally $414), long-sleeved gowns are $200 (originally $784), belted cape jackets are $140 (originally $559), and the rest of the stock is up to 75 percent off. Through 11/7. 336 W. 37th St., nr. Eighth Ave., fifteenth fl., penthouse fifteen (212-966-3773); Wed. (1–7), Thurs. (9:30–7), Fri. (9:30–5:30).
• A silver metallic dress from Vivienne Tam is $150 (regularly $795) and a taffeta appliqué dress is $120 (regularly $495). Through 11/7. 260 W. 39th St., nr. Seventh Ave., third fl. (212-840-6470); Wed. (9–8), Thurs. (9–7), Fri. (10–6).
• Get 20 percent off beauty products from brands like Smashbox, Frederic Fekkai, LORAC, and more with any order during Beauty.com’s friends and family event. Through 11/7.