• Fashion Week starts today! Check out all of the coverage of shows, backstage, parties, news, and more at nymag.com/fashion. New York Fashion Week is Friday, February 13, to Friday, February 20.
• Still need a gift for your lovely lady? Stop by La Perla’s Gentlemen’s Event and save 30 percent while you enjoy a complimentary Scotch bar. Receive a special gift with purchase. Saks Fifth Avenue, 611 Fifth Ave., nr. 50th St. (212-753-4000); 58.
• Sip wine at the Hairy Mary’s Valentine’s party, featuring Reverie jewelry by Alison Woodward. Hairy Mary’s Vintage & Design, 149 Orchard St., nr. Stanton St. (212-228-8989); 19.
• For Kenneth Cole’s latest AWEARNESS event, the designer partnered with the National Dance Institute. Save 20 percent at Kenneth Cole Soho, with 20 percent of all sales going to the National Dance Institute. 597 Broadway, at Houston St.; 4–8.
• Shop the McQ Alexander McQueen for Target collection before it hits stores in March, at their downtown pop-up store. Funky sweaters, skinny denim, bubble dresses, and slim skirts are $20 to $130. Through 2/15. St. John’s Center, 330 West St., nr. Houston St.; noon–10.
• Yves Saint Laurent is passing out the spring 2009 Manifesto, the new ad campaign starring Claudia Schiffer, on the streets. Look for the YSL street team, who will give the first 2,000 passersby a custom USB key uploaded with the Manifesto video and images and a new cotton tote bag designed by Stefano Pilati.
• Bloomingdale’s invites you to celebrate 50 years of Barbie — 120 iconic Barbie dolls will be on display along with Barbie-inspired looks from major fashion designers. Stop by the shop-in-shop for Barbie-inspired handbags, designed by Patricia Field, and a luxury Barbie book by Assouline. Bloomingdale’s, 1000 Third Ave., nr. 59th St. (212-705-2000); 10–7.
• Take in complimentary makeup sessions and free cocktails at Phyto Universe, a spa dedicated solely to your hair. 715 Lexington Ave., at 58th St. (212-308-0270); 10–7. Call for appointment.
• Treat your valentine to a Perfume Studio workshop at Per Se, and enjoy afternoon tea with Per Se treats and two custom-made signature fragrances ($385 per couple). Time Warner Building, 10 Columbus Circle, nr. 58th St. (917-449-1134); 2–5. Call for reservations.
• New customers save 25 percent at Arte Salon (haircuts are $70 to $125 and color processes are $80 and up). Debut your new look at the singles event, where hors d’oeuvre will be served. 294 Elizabeth St., nr. Houston St. (212-941-5932); cuts and colors (11–6), event (7).
• Selected fall and cruise merchandise by Calypso St. Barth are heavily discounted at this uptown “private” sale. Through 2/16. 815 Madison Ave., at 68th St.; 10–7.
• Everything from the sophomore label by Chrissie Miller, including T-shirts, sweatshirts, and more for men and women, is $15 to $90. Circa Now. 238 E. 6th St., nr. Bowery (212-254-2555); noon–8.
• Stock up on work-friendly basics at the Theory women’s sample sale, where almost everything is less than $100. 261 W. 36th St., nr. Seventh Ave., second fl. (212-947-8748); M, T, Th (10–7), W, F (10–6).
• Save up to 50 percent on Hanky Panky bralettes, bikinis, camis, and dresses. Through 2/13. 145 W. 18th St., nr. Seventh Ave; 10–8.
• Classic Kicks is taking 40 to 50 percent off men’s, women’s, and kid’s sneakers by Nike, Puma, and New Balance. Through 2/16. 298 Elizabeth St., nr. Houston St. (212-979-9514); 2/14 and 2/16 (11–7), 2/15 (11–5).
• Vintage dresses are $25 (originally $42 to $54) at Collecther every Sunday. Sip mimosas and shop other merchandise marked down by 25 percent. Only Sunday. 306 Franklin Ave., nr. Lafayette St., Fort Greene, Brooklyn (347-658-7857); 12–6.
• Find 50 to 80 percent off all shoes and bags by identical-twin brothers Shane & Shawn at the sample sale they’re hosting at their plush Soho boutique. 238 Mulberry St., nr. Prince St. (212-965-1633); Th–Su (12–7).