Here’s what you missed at Chanel’s 2010 cruise show in Venice yesterday:
1. The show took place on Lido beach, leaving many editors fighting a battle between high heels and sand.
2. Front row guests had to sit on wooden deck chairs.
3. The show started two hours late because Karl Lagerfeld insisted on starting at sunset. Hopefully front row-ers brought those foam butt pads common in football stadiums. Fat-less asses may look great in clothes but sitting on them is another story.
4. Karl wore a blue jacket to match the sea!
5. Models wore Marchesa Casati–inspired wigs and makeup.
6. No heels got stuck in the boardwalk runway. All models remained standing.
7. Speaking of models, the cast included Lara Stone, Tatjana Patitz, and Heidi Mount.
8. Guests went home with a Chanel beach towel. And also possibly mosquito bites.
Check out the action in the slideshow.
Chanel’s Cruise 2010 Show Lands on the Boardwalk at Sunset in Venice [Fashionologie]