In the late seventies, Tod’s launched its signature shoe — the soft leather moccasin we all fell in love with. Then, in 1997, Diego Della Valle expanded his vision to bags. The classic preppiness of the cuts is the epitome of effortless chic: rich leather in a day-to-evening look. We’re a little bit obsessed. Here are the top five reasons we love Tod’s.
1. Flats are back big-time, and these embroidered numbers are a fun, different take on their classic driving shoe.
2. The leather bracelet is so haute hippie.
3. Non-“It”-bags are the new cool, and this classic bag doesn’t get any chicer.
4. Diego Della Valle is the smartest businessman in Italy. (And with a prime minister like Berlusconi, Italy needs all the help it can get!)
5. The quality is always there.
Driving shoes, $395 to $1,125; bracelets, from $1,000; the D Bag, $1,400 to $21,000; available at Tod’s, 650 Madison Ave., at 60th St., 212-644-5945.