Marc Jacobs’s eighties-inspired fall collection was jam-packed with bright neons that will spruce up any gray autumn day. But instead of pining after one of his head-to-toe outfits, we’re loving his scarves. They come in 100 percent silk ($150) and a cashmere-and-silk blend ($450), and are printed with electric paisley swirls. Perfect with a basic sweater or a plain tee, these supersoft pieces come in either a delicate, classic paisley pattern or a bold, cartoon version of the design. Here are five reasons why we love these scarves.
1. A scarf is the easiest — and coziest — way to give an outfit instant style.
2. Neon is everywhere. A bright accessory is the perfect way to wear this trend.
3. The silk scarf is perfect for indoors, while the wool version will keep necks toasty when fall sets in.
4. We are kind of over leopard. Paisley is the new print to wear this season.
5. The color combos are chic and original: Marc always manages to make his collections look utterly fresh!
Marc Jacobs Paisley Scarves, $150 for the silk twill and $450 for the cashmere and silk at Marc Jacobs, 163 Mercer St., nr. Houston St.; 212-343-1490. MarcJacobs.com.