• The new Polo Ralph Lauren men’s shop opens at Bloomingdale’s. R&B singer Corneille will be giving a special performance to celebrate the new space. RSVP to email@example.com. 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); 6–8:30.
• Shop the spring 2010 Bijules jewelry collection, “Scream and Spirit.” Ten percent of sales will be donated to the Keep a Child Alive Foundation, a nonprofit organization that provides medication and support to those who have been diagnosed with AIDS. RSVP required: firstname.lastname@example.org. 511 W. 25th St., nr. Tenth Ave., Ste. 502; 7–10.
• Receive a free makeover at a Sephora beauty event hosted by Siempre Mujer magazine. The first 200 attendees will receive $20 Sephora gift certificates. Model, television reporter, and Siempre Mujer cover girl Carmen Dominicci will make an appearance at the store. 300 Madison Ave., at 42nd St. (212-503-0800); 6–8.
• Resort and beachwear is up to 90 percent off at Sol de Ibiza’s sample sale. Through 9/18. 52 Greene St., nr. Broome St. (212-966-9091); T–F (11–7).
• Cocktail gowns, sportswear, furs, accessories, and handbags are up to 80 percent off at the Shelly & Renee fall designer sale. Labels include Pamella Roland, Heidi Weisel, Valentino Red, Alexander McQueen, and more. Park Lane Hotel, 36 Central Park South, nr. Fifth Ave., fifth fl. Enter at 58th St. (212-920-1211); Su (1–7), M (10–6), T (10–5).
• Hair-removal salon Shobha is offering two-for-one bikini-waxing treatments this September for all who come with a friend. Clients must check out together in a single transaction. Various hours and locations.
• Brooks Brothers is hosting a warehouse sale, offering up to 70 percent off men’s suits, sport coats, trousers, and footwear. Suits and sport coats are $99 to $599 (originally $268 to $1,600), trousers are $69 (originally $128 to $248), and footwear is $199 (originally $398 to $548). Through 9/21. 346 Madison Ave., at 44th St. (212-682-8800); M–F (8–8), S (9–7), Su (11–7).