• The Housing Works in Gramercy is hosting its first-ever live auction. Celebrity auctioneer Kathleen Guzman will auction off 60 early-American fine prints, including dozens by engravers Currier & Ives. The prints range in estimated value from $100 to $1,500. The event is free and open to the public. All proceeds benefit Housing Works, which provides lifesaving services to homeless and low-income New Yorkers living with HIV/AIDS. Housing Works Gramercy Thrift Shop, 157 E. 23rd St., nr. Lexington Ave. (212-529-5955); 7–9.
• Enjoy samples of new beauty products and spa and salon treatments at the NYC Beauty sample-sale event, which also features complimentary appetizers and martinis. All shoppers receive a goody bag full of treats. Purchase tickets ($10) at PrettyCity.com. R Bar, 218 Bowery, nr. Prince St.; 6–9.
• Head downtown to Shecky’s seventh annual Beauty Night Out. Free samples of cosmetics, fragrances, and haircare and skin-care products will be available to try. Complimentary cocktails will be served, so I.D. is required. The admission price ($30 in advance, $40 at the door) includes a goody bag. Tickets can be purchased at beautynightout.sheckys.com. Through 10/8. The Puck Building, 293 Lafayette St., at E. Houston St.; 5–10.
• Shop deep discounts on jewelry at the Anna Sheffield sample sale. The Seed Bead choker is $99 (originally $350), the Seed Bead earrings are $99 (originally $250), and the Mixed Chain cuff is $75 (originally $215). Through 10/10. 153 Lafayette St., nr. Grand St.; W (4–8), Th–F (noon–7), S (11:30–5).
• The Society of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer’s Thrift Shop is hosting a fall luxury-coat sale. Hundreds of coats, jackets, capes, and accessories start at $65. Designer minks are $1,800. Through 10/10. 1440 Third Ave., nr. 81st St. (212-535-1250); W–F (10–5:30), S (11–5).