• John Varvatos makes an appearance at his new shop in Bloomingdale’s. Spend $250 or more and have your portrait taken by rock photographer Mick Rock. 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000), lower level; 5–8.
• Meet makeup artist François Nars as he celebrates the brand’s fifteenth anniversary at Saks. Nars will sign copies of his books, X-Ray and Makeup Your Mind, as well as the NARS Loves New York makeup set. NARS makeup artists will also offer in-store makeovers. 611 Fifth Ave., at 50th St. (212-753-4000 ext. 2643); 1:30–3.
• In honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, actress Robin Givens joins the National Domestic Violence Hotline (NDVH) and Marshalls for the annual “Shop Til It Stops” event. Givens will unveil an exhibit representing those who take a stand against domestic violence in Union Square. Through October 15, one dollar will be donated to the NDVH for every pair of shoes purchased at Marshalls. Union Square Park, 14th St., at Broadway; noon.
• Clutches are $50 to $75 and handbags are $100 to $150 at the Kage handbags sample sale. 72 Irving Pl., nr. 18th St. (212-228-8603); noon–7.
• Cashmere knitwear, outerwear, accessories, and clothing are up to 80 percent off at the Loro Piana sale. Soiffer Haskin, 317 W. 33rd St., nr. Eighth Ave. (718-747-1656); Su–W (9–6:30), Th (9–5).