• Celebrate NARS’s fifteenth anniversary with François Nars and Barneys creative director Simon Doonan. François will be signing copies of his new book, 15X15, and book proceeds from the event will be distributed among fifteen charities. Barneys New York, 660 Madison Ave., at 61st St. (212-833-2008); 5–7.
• TV personality and jewelry designer Padma Lakshmi hosts a trunk show at Bergdorf Goodman to celebrate the fall/winter line of her jewelry collection, Padma. The pieces range from $300 to $6,000. 754 Fifth Ave., at 57th St. (212-753-7300); 1–4.
• Twinkle by Wenlan opens a three-day holiday pop-up shop featuring fall and holiday 2009 ready-to-wear collections, jewelry, and home accents. In honor of the brand’s tenth anniversary, designer Wenlan Chia is reviving several favorites from the archive at discounted prices. Cadillac’s Castle, 333 E. 9th St., nr. Second Ave.; Th (noon–6), F–S (noon–8).
• Gargyle and Bykenyan launch Prop-Up Shop II, a lodge-themed pop-up selling interior décor, props, antiques, handmade gifts, and collectibles. Fall/winter stock from Gargyle is up to 50 percent off. Through 12/23. Gargyle, 16 Orchard St., nr. Hester St. (917-470-9367); M–S (11–7).
• Meet handbag designer Rebecca Minkoff and view her holiday and resort 2009 collections. Shoppers will receive a studded leather cuff with any full-price Rebecca Minkoff purchase and can enter to win a free bag. Saks Fifth Avenue, 611 Fifth Ave., at 50th St. (212-940-4676); 5–7.
• Drop by By Boe’s holiday party for complimentary hot spiced wine and a 15 percent discount on all jewelry. Photographs by Swedish photographer Rebecka Ryberg Skott will be on display. 172 Prince St., nr. Thompson St. (212-226-5200); 6–8.
• Clothing from Trina Turk, Cynthia Steffe, Velvet, Splendid, and more is up to 75 percent off at the Olive & Bette’s sale. Nanette Lepore dresses are $100 (originally $298), Theory tanks are $22 (originally $88), Free People skirts are $50 (originally $198), and Sanctuary pants are $55 (originally $220). Through 12/10. 384 Bleecker St., at Perry St. (212-206-0036); 8–7.
• Men’s and women’s clothing, shoes, bags, hats, and more are discounted at the rag & bone sample sale. T-shirts are $40 and under, denim is $80 and under, dresses are $170 and under, blazers are $190 and under, and leather jackets are $450 and under. Through 12/13. 100 Christopher St., nr. Bleecker St. (212-727-2990); Th–F (noon–8), S (noon–7), Su (noon–5).
• Women’s ready-to-wear from the current and past seasons is discounted at the Proenza Schouler fall 2009 sample sale. Prices range from $100 to $1,450 (originally $435 to $5,800). Through 12/11. 495 Broadway, nr. Broome St.; Th–F (8:30–6:30).
• Bags from the Sak, Elliott Lucca, and sakroots range from $5 to $60 at the one-day sample sale. Through 12/10. 339 Fifth Ave., nr. 33rd St., second fl. (212-329-4500); 9–7.
• Cashmere, wool, silk, and alpaca sweaters and accessories for women are $150 and less at the Lutz & Patmos sale. The cashmere Cocoon cardigan is $125 (originally $495), the double-knit coat is $150 (originally $650), and cashmere scarves are $50 (originally $195). Through 12/11. 425 W. 13th St., nr. Ninth Ave., Ste. 401 (212-463-9110); Th–F (11–7).
• Merchandise is up to 80 percent off at the Mara Hoffman sample sale. Through 12/12. 120 W. 28th St., nr. Sixth Ave., fourth fl.; Th–F (10–7), S (11–6).
• Hayden-Harnett apparel, bags, shoes, jewelry, and accessories from current and past seasons are 40 to 80 percent off. The Burke satchel is $335 (originally $670), the Sada jacket is $260 (originally $650), and the Thames dress is $140 (originally $280). The Collective Showroom, 16 W. 36th St., nr. Fifth Ave., Ste. 501; T–Th (11–7).