To celebrate the opening of their new Upper East Side boutique (opening December 16), Creed is debuting a men’s scent called Windsor. This season seems to be ripe with noteworthy fragrances for guys, which is quite a rarity. Shiseido dropped their first men’s scent, called Zen (bergamot, Japanese pear, and patchouli), while Costume National Homme is a scrumptious blend of zesty citrus and rich spices.
Here are five reasons why we love men’s scents this winter:
1. They don’t have that generic, overtly “manly” scent.
2. There’s a quality fragrance for every budget this season.
3. Simple, elegant packaging: There’s no hypermasculine sports or car references.
4. Not counting Creed, it’s not too often makeup and clothing brands deliver
a noteworthy cologne.
5. You can swipe them from your boyfriend or husband and wear them yourself.
Costume National Homme, $80 to $110 at Barneys New York, 660 Madison Ave.,
at 61st St. (212-826-8900); Creed Windsor, $405 at 794 Madison Ave., at 67th
St. (212-439-7777); Shiseido Zen, $55 at Macy’s (151 W. 34th St., at Broadway