Brian Wolk and Claude Morais, the dynamic design duo behind the label Ruffian, are quietly creating couture-esque clothing right here in New York. With a salonlike showroom and cozy sofas to match, these two are designing discreetly chic pieces we all want to own. Their special collection for Anthropologie now makes their genius affordable.
Here are five reasons why we love Ruffian:
1. The Beige cashmere overcoat with double ruffle collar is spectacular and won’t break the bank.
2. Love the racy, lacy tights with hand seaming.
3. Even the home stuff is fab. The platinum ombré glasses looks like they are heirlooms from Lalique.
4. Can’t wait for their new affordable men’s line for Macy’s coming this spring.
5. They are just the cutest and coolest guys. We’re mad for them!
The Lacy Floral Tights in dark gray are $38. The New Standard Overcoat is $328. The Platinum Ombré Water Glass is $18. The collection also includes a Champagne coupe, martini glass, and wine glass. Mise en Scene by Ruffian is available at Anthropologie at Rockefeller Center (50 Rockefeller Plaza, 212-246-0386) and Anthropologie in Soho (375 W. Broadway, 212-343-7070).