• The number of women requesting collagen injections for their feet has increased fivefold in the past year, according to doctors in England. The injections make heels less painful to wear. The procedure costs £240, or about $390. Would you shell out that dough to make your shoes more comfortable?
[Daily Mail UK]
• It’s old news that having a dog or cat can reduce your stress levels, but apparently pets can lessen your wrinkles, too! Studies show that people relax their faces when talking to their pets, especially around the eyes, thus helping to soften crow’s feet. Best excuse for getting a dog we’ve heard yet.
[Girls in the Beauty Department/Glamour]
• Eight eyebrow threaders in Texas are suing the state over a law that says they must go to cosmetology school and get licensed. The threaders are arguing that the training is unnecessary, as the cosmetology courses do not teach threading techniques. [BellaSugar]
• Winged eye makeup was in at KISS FM’s Jingle Ball in Los Angeles this Saturday, with Gossip Girl’s Leighton Meester and The Hills’ Kristin Cavallari and Stephanie Pratt all rocking the look. Think they pulled it off? [FabSugar UK]
• HSN will bring in a new well-known name in February, as Purple Lab takes to the network to offer its best-seller, Huge Lips, Skinny Hips lip gloss. Until then, Purple Lab is hosting an online model search, the winner of which will appear on HSN with the brand’s founder, Karen Robinovitz, to sell the gloss and five other products.
• Nail polish’s shelf life is only two years, says Dashing Diva’s head nail tech Pattie Yankee. Contrary to popular belief, refrigeration won’t extend your polish’s life, either. Use up that bottle of Chanel Jade before it goes bad, kids. [Beauty Counter/Style.com]
• The 2010 edition of Fragrances of the World, otherwise known as “the fragrance Bible,” will be released in January. Author Michael Edwards’s 26th edition of the book includes more than 7,000 fragrances, about 800 more scents than the previous edition listed. The book helps shoppers find perfumes they might want to try by using scents they already like. [Now Smell This]