Peter Philips, global creative director of Chanel Makeup, created a simple yet stunning spring 2010 beauty collection. Les Impressions De Chanel is a line of clean, classic neutrals that makes every woman feel pretty without piles of face paint. It’s about enhancing, illuminating, and highlighting without tons of color — effortlessly chic and naturally beautiful. Here are five reasons why we love Chanel:
1. After seasons of crazy nail colors, it’s refreshing to go back to the basics.
2. Natural is sexy. Sometimes the best kind of pretty is the one that doesn’t make a splashy statement.
3. The powders are almost too pretty to touch.
4. Every season the house creates an item to covet. Remember how fast the Jade polish sold out this fall?
5. We’re dying to see what Peter Philips has on tap for next season.
Empreinte De Chanel Radiant Glow Highlighting Powder (limited edition), $65; Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Trace, $28.50; Le Vernis Nail Colour in Tendresse, $23, at Bloomingdales (1000 Third Ave., at 59th St.; 212-705-2000).