• Learn how the brain processes our favorite scents as perfumer (and Ralph Lauren Polo Blue creator) Christopher Laudamiel talks with Columbia neurobiologist Stuart Firestein. Tickets are $20 and are available at rmanyc.org. Rubin Museum, 150 W. 17th St., at Seventh Ave. (212-620-5000, ext. 344); 4 p.m.
• Donate your old bridesmaid dresses to Operation PROM, an organization that provides free prom dresses to girls in need. Through 3/13. 57 Grand, 250 W. 39th St., nr. Seventh Ave., Ste. 804 (212-302-1604); 11–7.
• Shop discounted designer wares at the Brooklyn Housing Works spring-preview sale. All proceeds benefit homeless and low-income New Yorkers living with HIV/AIDS. Housing Works Brooklyn, 122 Montague St., nr. Henry St. (718-237-0521); 11–7.
• Learn appliqué techniques from designer Natalie Chanin of Alabama Chanin at Spacecraft’s bandanna workshop. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot. 355 Bedford Ave., nr. 4th St., Williamsburg, Brooklyn (718-599-2718); workshop (4–6), after-party (6–9).
• Fourteen-carat-gold-filled and sterling-silver jewelry is 50 percent off at the By Boe semiannual sample sale. Prices start at $15. Through 3/21. 172 Prince St., nr. Thompson St. (212-226-5200); M–T (11–6), W–Su (11–7), closed 3/15.
• Shop below-wholesale prices at the Fenton/Fallon jewelry sample sale. 187 Chrystie St., nr. Rivington St. (212-477-1315); F (noon–7), S (noon–6).
• Save up to 70 percent on fall/winter menswear at the Patrik Ervell sample sale. Shirts are $75 to $100 (originally $250 to $300), outerwear is $175 to $500 (originally $700 to $1,500), and sweaters are $100 to $150 (originally $350 to $500). 35 Howard St., nr. Crosby, No. 4B, buzzer 4 (646-912-9083); F–S (noon–6).
• Before it debuts nationwide, shop Target’s Liberty of London collection at the brand’s four-day pop-up. 1095 Sixth Ave., at 42nd St.; W (11–8), Th–S (9–8).
• Eyewear from Alain Mikli, Mykita, Thierry Lasry, and more is 40 to 80 percent off at the annual Felice Dee Eyewear sale. 69 E. 71st St., nr. Park Ave. (212-717-7062); Th (11–7), F (10–6), S (11–6).
• Shop new spring items and discounted past-season merch at Mociun’s multi-designer sale. Participants include Shabd, Feral Childe, Samantha Pleet, Bodkin, and more. Through 3/14. 55-59 Chrystie St., nr. Hester St., Ste. 500; Su (11–5).
• Find deals on cocktail dresses, tailored pants, jackets, bags, shoes, and more at the Dolce & Gabbana and D&G sample sale. Metropolitan Pavilion, 123 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave., fourth fl. (877-703-4872); Th–S (9–7), Su (9–6).
• The Brera suede clutch is $65 (originally $150) and velvet espadrilles are $125 (originally $275) at the Roberta Freymann sample sale. 153 E. 70th St., nr. Third Ave. (212-585-3767); F–S (10:30–6:30), Su (noon–6).
• Clothing by Alexander McQueen, Giorgio Armani, Prada, and more is 30 to 80 percent off at Filene’s Basement’s spring designer event. Save an additional 10 percent at filenesbasement.com. 40 E. 14th St., nr. University Pl. (212-358-0169); M–S (9–10), Su (11–8).
• Receive $50 facials, massages, mani-pedis, and more throughout the city during SpaFinder Deal Days. See participating spas and details at spafinder.com.
• Take 25 percent off already-marked-down merchandise at the Steven Alan Outpost. 465 Amsterdam Ave., nr. 82nd St. (212-595-8451); M–S (11–7), Su (11–6).
• T-shirts, button-downs, and other men’s basics are up to 60 percent off at Save Khaki. 327 Lafayette St., nr. Bleecker St. (212-925-0134); T–S (noon–7), Su (noon–6).
• Clothing, handbags, and jewelry are up to 90 percent off at the Showroom Seven sample sale. The Orla Kiely classic shoulder bag is $104 (originally $200), the Erickson Beamon quartz, jet, and tiger eye Lock & Key necklace is $372 (originally $930), and Kova & T dark-wash denim jeans are $20 (originally $160). Through 3/26. 263 Eleventh Ave., nr. 28th St. (646-395-8023); M–F (10–7).