• Watch the movies that inspired fashion trends at Parsons the New School for Design’s “Fashion in Film: New York City” series. Lypsinka creator John Epperson will introduce the latest film, Klute. Tishman Auditorium, the New School, 66 W. 12th St., at Sixth Ave. (212-229-5488); 7:30–9:30.
• Enjoy a performance by the cast of Broadway’s American Idiot at Bloomingdale’s. Customers who spend $200 on men’s or women’s Nudie denim will receive two tickets to the show. 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); 5 p.m.
• Meet celebrity hairstylist Sally Hershberger, who is launching a new hair-care line at Duane Reade. Customers can get a free consultation and styling tips and can enter for a chance to win a free haircut. 131 Eighth Ave., at 16th St.; 4–8.
• Paul & Shark jackets and trousers are up to 70 percent off. Through 4/29. 79 Madison Ave., nr. 28th St., Ste. 1206 (212-765-2792); T–Th (10–6).
• Spring/summer 2010 merchandise from Acne, Filippa K, and Nudie Jeans is 50 to 75 percent off. Through 4/29. 269 Elizabeth St., nr. Houston St.; T–Th (11–8).