• Shop clothing, candles, jewelry, and more for under $20 at Catbird’s sidewalk sale. Through 5/23. 219 Bedford Ave., nr. N. 5th St., Williamsburg, Brooklyn; S–Su (noon–6).
• Buy, sell, and trade exclusive new sneakers at Sneaker Con. Sneakers from the past two decades will be showcased by more than 1,500 vendors. Admission is $10. 151 Sullivan St., nr. Prince St.; noon–7.
• Trainer Brooke Siler teams up with Pilates Style and Pilates on Fifth to judge the Pilates World Games Extravaganza. All proceeds will be presented to the Pilates Method Alliance, which supports Pilates programs in schools to combat child obesity. Tickets are $25, with a $10 fee per event for competitors. Register online at pilatesonfifth.com. Pilates on Fifth, 501 Fifth Ave., Ste. 2200, nr. 42nd St. (212-687-3787); 8:30–5.
• Select styles by Vivienne Westwood, Karim Rashid, Alexandre Herchcovitch, and more are 50 to 70 percent off during the Melissa Shoes summer 2010 sample sale. 520 W. 27th St., nr. Tenth Ave., Ste. 601; W–S (noon–8).
• Pick up free beauty products from Bare Escentuals, Oscar Blandi, Stila, Bliss, and more during the Beauty.com Summer Stock-up Sale. 59th St., at Fifth Ave.; F (8–7). 13th St., at Ninth Ave.; S (10–6).
• Fall/winter merchandise by Band of Outsiders, Vena Cava, Cheap Monday, Clu, and more are up to 85 percent off at the News sample sale. Cheap Monday jeans are $5 to $40 (originally $65), Vena Cava printed silk dresses are $100 to $200 (originally $450 to $750), and Clu tees and blouses are $20 to $30 (originally $90). Through 5/22. 495 Broadway, nr. Broome St., fifth fl. (212-925-9700); Th–F (10–6), S (10–5).
• Clothing and shoes are $10, books and toys are $5, and sunglasses are $5 during the Fred Flare sample sale. Brands include BB Dakota, Tulle, Necessary Objects, and more. New arrivals are 25 percent off. Through 5/23. 131 Meserole Ave., at Leonard St., Greenpoint, Brooklyn (718-349-1257); 11–5.
• Clothing for men, women, and children by Sophomore, Steven Alan, Gryson, and more is 30 to 75 percent off at the Steven Alan sample sale. The women’s pleated Ella skirt is $69 (originally $168), the men’s stonewashed Naval pants are $79 (originally $198), and the women’s button-front Izzy dress is $109 (originally $225). 87 Franklin St., nr. Church St. (212-343-0692); Th–F (8:30–8), S (noon–7), Su (noon–5).
• Sofas, chairs, lighting, tabletop and decorative accessories, rugs, and more are up to 75 percent off at the ABC Carpet & Home Bronx Warehouse spring sale. ABC Carpet & Home Bronx Warehouse, 1055 Bronx River Ave., nr. Watson Ave. (718-842-8772); M–S (10–7), Su (11–6).
• Clothing by Nellie Partow is 50 to 80 percent off at the sample sale. The Ladonna dress is $299 (originally $620), the Jewel dress is $255 (originally $510), and the Julia blouse is $150 (originally $370). Plus, find deals of up to 80 percent on Nicholas K, Candace Ang, and more. 2 Great Jones St., nr. Broadway; Th–F (10–8), S (11–6), Su (11–4).
• Shop deals on men’s and women’s coats, trenches, and leather jackets at the Mackage sample sale. Through 5/25. 275 W. 39th St., nr. Eighth Ave., seventh fl.; M–T (noon–7).
• Find deals of up to 75 percent on Margarita Saplala, Dagmar, Alexander Koutny, and more during the W29 showroom sample sale. 208 W. 29th St., nr. Seventh Ave., Ste. 201; F (10–6), S–Su (noon–4), M (10–6).