• Meet designer Billy Reid and gorge on pork in celebration of Alabama restaurant Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar-B-Q’s participation in this year’s eighth-annual Big Apple Barbecue Block Party. Jim ‘N Nick’s will be roasting a pig out front and serving beverages, pork tacos, and slow-roasted barbecue. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Billy Reid, 54 Bond St., nr. Bowery (212-598-0355); 7–9.
• Attend a runway show highlighting emerging and established Brooklyn designers with looks inspired by the “American High Style” exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum. The presentation will be followed by a panel discussion. Beaux-Arts Court, Brooklyn Museum, 200 Eastern Pkwy., at Washington Ave., Prospect Heights (718-501-6409); 11–4:30.
• Modern and vintage men’s clothing and accessories, gadgets, records, and more from more than fifteen vendors are all under $100 at the Mister Market at Public Assembly. Participants include Kill Devil Hill, Alter, Osborn Shoes, and more. Through 6/13. 70 N. 6th St., nr. Wythe St., Greenpoint; noon–6.
• Shop 20,000 discounted records, LPs, and CDs at Archive of Contemporary Music’s summer sale. Through 6/20. 54 White St., nr. Church St. (212-226-6967); daily (11–6).
• Spring/summer clothing and accessories from Mociun, Sunshine & Shadow, Manu, and more are up to 90 percent off. Through 6/13. 218 Adelphi St., nr. DeKalb Ave., Fort Greene; S (noon–5).
• Idlewild Books is offering 20 percent off travel guides, fiction, globes, and more during its storewide second-anniversary sale. In addition, the Leslie Pintchik Trio will be performing live jazz from 2 to 5 p.m.. Through 6/13. 12 W. 19th St., nr. Fifth Ave. (212-414-8888); Su (noon–6).
• Womenswear is up to 70 percent off at the Helmut Lang sample sale. 139 Fifth Ave., nr. 20th St. (212-398-2777); F (8–8), S–Su (10–6).
• Kitchen gadgets, cutlery, bar accessories, and more are up to 70 percent off during Broadway Panhandler’s summer cookware sale. 65 E. 8th St., nr. University Pl. (212-966-3434); W (11–7), Th (11–8), F-S (11–7), Su (11–6).
• Printed silk blouses, camis, and dresses by Tucker; colorful necklaces by Crumley; and handbags by Wek 1933 are 35 to 50 percent off. Select archived vintage pieces will be 70 percent off. Through 6/15. Tucker Studio, 413 W. 14th St., nr. Ninth Ave. (212-938-0811); M (10–8), T (9–7).
• Resin, crystal, silver, and gold jewelry ranges from $5 to $50 at the Rachel Leigh sale. Cabana wrap bracelets are $10 each (originally $66) and Millie bib necklaces are $50 (originally $198). 252 W. 38th St., nr. Seventh Ave., Ste. 902 (646-290-6034); M–W (10–5:30).
• Spring/summer womenswear from Stizzoli, She’s So, and Antonio D’Errico are up to 80 percent off at the Lino Puccio Showroom sample sale. Prices range from $100 to $200. Through 6/18. 159 W. 53rd St., nr. Seventh Ave. (212-869-3681); F–T (11–7).
• Sheets, towels, robes, and accessories are 40 to 90 percent off during D. Porthault’s White Sale. Embroidered tablecloths are $1,200 (originally $2,400) and a printed percale king-size bed set is $630 (originally $1,050). Through 7/3. 470 Park Ave., at 58th St.; M–S (10–6), Su (closed).
• Select items from the spring 2010 collection are 30 percent off at the Jill Stuart sale. Mesh and linen dresses are $370 (originally $528), cocktail dresses are $349 to $455 (originally $498 to $650), and studded tweeds are $328 to $595 (originally $468 to $850). 100 Greene St., nr. Spring St. (212-343-2300); M–S (11–7), Su (noon–6).