When a full-fledged collection springs forth on a runway, it’s hard to believe that just a few months earlier, every stitch was a mere figment of the designer’s imagination. This video of Alexandre Herchcovitch shows the humble, pen-to-paper beginnings of his forthcoming spring 2011 collection, in all of its eraser-rubbed glory. Watching the designs evolve under Herchcovitch’s pencil tip is kind of like watching a baby try to walk: a little bit painful, totally fascinating, and definitely applause-worthy.
See more from the Spring 2011 preview:
• Slideshow: 100 Designers Reveal Their Spring 2011 Inspirations
• Ten Models to Watch This Fashion Week
• Nine Designers to Watch This Fashion Week
• Exclusive video: Model Sara Ziff’s Picture Me Trailer
• The Ultimate Guide to Lincoln Center
• The Complete Spring 2011 Fashion Week Calendar