• Receive a complimentary twenty-minute makeover at the opening of Make Up For Ever’s first boutique and studio in the Soho Sephora. The first 100 clients to take a free makeup lesson will also receive a free Rouge Artist Lipstick #43. Through 10/3. 555 Broadway, nr. Prince St. (212-625-1309); F–S (10–8), Su (11–7).
• Admire avant-garde jewelry from seven designers at the opening reception of “Salon: Inventive Art-Jewelry Exhibit in an Inventible Space.” Through 10/8. 439 Metropolitan Ave., nr. Macy Ave., Williamsburg (347-678-2030); 7–10.
• Celebrate the reopening of the 1,500-square-foot Brooklyn Collective, including more than 30 new collections. Complimentary cocktails will be served, and there will be a surprise musical performance. 212 Columbia St., nr. Union St., Red Hook; 7–11.
• Mingle with designers at Better Than Jam’s First Friday event. Check out the artwork of Megan Bisbee-Durlam, get your nails done by Miss Fleury Rose of Tomahawk Salon, and watch artists from the Bushwick Print Lab create live silk-screen prints. Choose from a selection of screens or customize a T-shirt. 1095 Flushing Ave., nr. Porter Ave., Bushwick; 7–10.
• Shop Russell Simmons’s new Argyleculture men’s shop at Macy’s. 151 W. 34th St., at Broadway, second fl. (212-695-4400); M–S (10–9:30), Su (11–8).
• Women’s and men’s apparel and shoes are discounted at the Tim Hamilton sample sale. Through 10/3. 526 W. 26th St., nr. Tenth Ave., Ste. 5B; F–S (11–6), Su (noon–6).
• New furniture and accessories orders are 20 percent off and floor samples are up to 60 percent off at Property’s biannual sale. The white lacquer oak Tokio table is $3,480 (originally $5,810) and the orange lacquered fiberglass Hara chair is $1,950 (originally $4,500). Through 10/16. 14 Wooster St., nr. Grand St. (917-237-0123); M–F (10–6), S–Su (noon–6).
• Fall men’s and women’s footwear, jewelry, bags, and scarves are 60 percent off during the J.Crew stock and sample sale. Women’s tall Italian-leather flat boots are $128 (originally $318), men’s leather oxfords are $86 (originally $215), crystal necklaces are $60 (originally $160), and silk-cashmere fringed wraps are $30 (originally $75). Clothingline, 261 W. 36th St., nr. Eighth Ave., second fl.; T–F (10–7).
• Recently shuttered shop Marmalade Vintage pops up at TG-170. Boots are $115 to $595 and dresses are $98 to $125. 170 Ludlow St., nr. Stanton St. (212-995-8660); daily (noon–8).
• Bedding, housewares, tabletop items, closet storage, luggage, and more are up to 75 percent off at Gracious Home’s Sixth Avenue closing sale. (The store at 45 W. 25th St. will remain open.) 766 Sixth Ave., at 25th St. (212-414-5710); M–S (10–8:30), Su (10–7).
• Marc by Marc Jacobs shoes start at $80, Catherine Malandrino dresses start at $108, and Pucci and Celine rain boots start at $95 at AvaMaria. Through 10/1. 107 Crosby St., nr. Prince St. (212-966-0909); daily (11:30–7:30).