• Attend a discussion with industrial designer Marc Newson as part of the 92nd Street Y’s “Dialogues with Design Legends” series. Tickets are $29 at 92y.org. 1395 Lexington Ave., nr. 92nd. St. (212-415-5500); 8:15 p.m.
• Plus-size womenswear by Michael Kors, DKNY, Ralph Lauren, and more is 25 to 40 percent off at the Pop-up Plus sale. Through 9/26. 439 Metropolitan Ave., nr. Marcy Ave., Williamsburg; daily (noon–9).
• Lee Angel jewelry is 30 to 75 percent off at the end-of-summer sample sale. The gold-plated stretch cuff is $165 (originally $275), the acrylic cabochon and semiprecious chandelier earrings are $120 (originally $245), and the antique peridot pendant necklace is $78 (originally $130). Don’t miss the $5 room. 524 Broadway, nr. Spring St., sixth fl. (212-334-6573); T–Th (11–7).
• Get fashion and beauty tips from editors at Elle, Marie Claire, New York Magazine, and more — and receive free beauty samples — at the Maybelline pop-up event. Industry pros will offer personalized makeup consultations. 1701 Broadway, nr. 54th St.; S–Th (11–7).
• Watches and jewelry are 50 to 70 percent off at the Torneau sample sale. Soiffer Haskin, 317 W. 33rd St., nr. Eighth Ave. (718-747-1656); S–Th (9–6:30).