Hair tufts are the new hats.
Photo: FRANCOIS GUILLOT/2011 AFP
• Hats by milliner Nasir Mashir, who frequently collaborates with Nicola Formichetti, were designed for this season’s Mugler show and cut from the collection at the last minute. [Interview]
• Vena Cava will relaunch their website on Tuesday to include an e-commerce shop selling pieces from the main line as well as their secondary collection, Viva Vena. [WWD]
• Reed Krakoff says he will eventually frame the brutal Cintra Wilson critique of his Madison Avenue boutique and put it on a wall in his office. [WWD]
• From an interview with Sergio Kletnoy, assistant to Marie Claire editor Joanna Coles: “All day long, Joanna makes this symbol for tea [like a referee’s ‘timeout’ hand signal] through the glass of her office. In the mornings, she likes green tea, and afternoons are about English breakfast with milk. She drinks five or six cups a day.” [DailyFrontRow]
• Shipley & Halmos is expanding its menswear, with new lines of footwear and suiting. [WWD]
• Glamour has launched a faux-reality TV show, episodes of which are available to download through the magazine’s iPad app. [StyleList]