Lindsey Wixson for Purple magazine.
• The lucky recipient of this year’s Mercedes-Benz Presents award is Derek Lam. This means he’ll get his show subsidized and his new diffusion line promoted heavily by Mercedes-Benz on Fashion’s Night Out. [WWD]
• The fall/winter issue of Purple Fashion is out, and Lindsey Wixson wears black dad-socks on the cover. [FashionGoneRogue]
• GQ has hired Justin Doss, previously a luxury sportswear buyer at Barneys, to replace Lisa Cohen as the magazine’s fashion editor. [WWD]
• Carmen Marc Valvo is branching out into sportswear. [WWD]
• Images from the new book Harper’s Bazaar: Greatest Hits have taken over the windows at Barneys in a special exhibition. [Bazaar Blog]
• Stylist Annabel Tollman was feeling chubby yesterday: “I’m not sure where it comes from but suddenly, out of nowhere, I feel like I’m a cupcake away from obesity.” [Stylelist]