• Learn what inspires some of your favorite fragrances from the perfumers behind Ralph Lauren’s Polo, Estée Lauder’s Pure White Linen, Coach’s Poppy, and more at “Speed Smelling”. As part of the French Institute Alliance Française’s fall Art de Vivre series, guests will meet nine perfumers and take home samples of the new fragrances they’ll create that night. Tickets are $45 ($35 for FIAF members) and can be purchased at fiaf.org or by calling 800-982-2787. FIAF, 22 E. 60th St., nr. Madison Ave. (212-355-6100); 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.
• Catch performances by the Midtown Men and cast members from the Broadway musical Priscilla: Queen of The Desert when they perform live on Lexington Avenue to accompany the unveiling of Bloomingdale’s holiday windows. Guests can continue the celebration at an in-store party featuring Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. of America’s Got Talent, and more events to kick off the holiday season. Bloomingdale’s, 1000 Third Ave., nr. 59th St. (212-705-2000); 5 p.m.
• Toast to the Housing Works thrift shops’ annual fashion fund-raiser at the Fashion for Action opening night reception, with honorary chair Thom Browne and co-chairs Rachel Roy and Patricia Clarkson. Get an early look at pieces from designers like Ferragamo, Louboutin, and Dior, available at prices up to 70 percent off during the three-day-long sale. The Altman Building, 135 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave. (212-966-0466); 6 p.m. Tickets ($150) can be purchased at housingworks.org.
• CB2 is offering 15 percent off each total purchase when customers donate seven nonperishable food items (or make a $10 donation online) to Share our Strength, a nonprofit seeking to end childhood hunger in the U.S. Various locations; see CB2.com for details. Through 11/28.
• Menswear and womenswear are discounted at the Inhabit sample sale. 320 W. 37th St., nr. Eighth Ave., fourteenth fl.; W–Th (10–6).
• Wool blazers are $245, lace dresses are $315, silk rompers are $295, and striped sweater-dresses are $195 at the Charlotte Ronson holiday sample sale. 1071 Sixth Ave., nr. 24th St., Ste. 301; W–F (10–7).
• Separates and one-of-a-kind samples are 40 to 60 percent off at the Twinkle by Wenlan sample sale. 545 Eighth Ave., nr. 37th St., seventeenth fl.; W–F (10–6).
• Womenswear is up to 65 percent off at the Ali Ro sample sale. 530 Seventh Ave., nr. 38th St., fourteenth fl.; W (noon–5:30), Th (9–5:30), F (9–3).
• Original vintage samples and items from the fall collection are up to 75 percent off at the Vivenne Tam fall sample sale. 260 W. 39th St., nr. Seventh Ave., eleventh fl.; W (9-8), Th (10-7), F (10-6).
• Womenswear is up to 70 percent off at the Rubin Chapelle sale. Silk dresses are $135 (originally $980), jeans are $45 (originally $220), and wool and cashmere coats are $420 (originally 1,850). 410 W. 14th St., nr. Tenth Ave. (212-647-8636); W–S (noon–7).
• Take 50 to 90 percent off retail prices on jewelry, shoes, and handbags from this year’s collections at the Tuleste Market holiday sample sale. All items offered will be priced from $10–$150, marked down from original prices of $75–$450. Draft Bar, 157 Ludlow St., nr. Rivington St.; W-Th (noon-8).
• Browse sale items from Camilla, Yosi Samra, Minnie Mortimer, Bod & Christenson, and Maisonette 1977, all up to 85 percent off at the VPR sample sale. 231 W. 29th St., Ste. 302 (917-338-4788); W-F (10-6).
• Outerwear is $50, sweaters are $30, T-shirts are $10, and pants are $20 at the Original Penguin sample sale. 42 W. 39th St., fourth fl.; W-Th (10-4).
• Cookware from Wusthof, Gourmet, Mauviel, Le Creuset, and All-Clad are up to 50 percent off at Broadway Panhandler. 65 E. 8th St., nr. Broadway (212-966-3434); M–W and F–S (11–7), Th (11–8), Su (11–6). Through 11/27.
• Take 70 percent off Lauren Moffat fall items, with sweaters starting at $110, dresses starting at $130, and outerwear starting at $160. Cash only for purchases under $250. 214 W. 29th St., nr. Seventh Ave., Ste. #1503; T (8-7), W (9-7).
• Cashmere basics are $100 and cashmere wraps are $125 at the White + Warren sample sale. 80 W. 40th St., third fl.; T–W (8–7).
• Dresses are priced starting at $50 at the Thread Social sample sale. 26th W. 17th St., nr. Fifth Ave., Ste. #301; T-W (9-8).
• Coats, jackets, dresses, and sweaters are 50 percent off at Nanette Lepore’s fall sample sale. 225 W. 35th St., nr. Seventh Ave., fourth fl.; T-Th (9-7).
• Grab cashmere sweaters starting at $50, cotton-blended styles starting at $25, and leather coats starting at $75 at the QI and Ainsley sample sales. 261 W. 36th St. (nr. Seventh Ave.), second fl.; T (11-7), W (11-6), Th (11-7).
• The Boyfriend leather cross-body bag is $178 (originally $295), the quilted leather Flame satchel is $272 (originally $495), and the Brigitte silk bustier dress is $190 (originally $350) at the Rebecca Minkoff sample sale. 14 W. 14th St., nr. Fifth Ave.; T (4–9), W–S (10–7), Su (11–5).