• Kick off the holiday season in style during an evening at the Bloomingdale’s alice + olivia mini-shop. Guests can shop Stacey Bendet’s signature sequin dresses, receive a personal consultation from a MAC beauty expert, get styled at the braid bar, and enjoy a manicure. Bloomingdale’s, 1000 Third Ave., nr. 59th St. (212-705-2000); 5–8.
• Enjoy a cocktail reception, runway show, and auction during GMHC’s fifth annual Fashion Forward event, hosted this year by Tracee Ellis Ross and Brad Goreski to honor Julie Macklowe. Tickets are available here or by calling 212-367-1389. Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 W. 18th St.; cocktails start at 7 p.m., with the runway show and auction to follow at 9 p.m.
• Meet Lauren Bush Lauren of FEED and Amanda Hearst of Marie Claire at an event hosted by Clarins to benefit the Million Meals Campaign. Shoppers will get the chance to purchase a limited-edition FEED 25 bag and get it signed by Lauren and Amanda. Bloomingdale’s, 1000 Third Ave., nr. 59th St. (212-705-2000); 12–2.
• Join Leandra Medine of Man Repeller and the designers behind Alex & Eli as they celebrate the launch of Alex & Eli’s online Tailor Shop. Guests can browse the collection, listen to music by D.J. Brendan Fallis, and take advantage of discounts. RSVP to email@example.com. Soho House, 29-35 Ninth Ave., nr. 13th St. (212-627-9800); 6–9.
• Head to a shopping party hosted by Terese Sydonna, featuring designers Brasini Swimwear, Chyna Gray Accessories, Let’s Play Dress Up, and Takishma Faison. Guests will get a discount on dinner at Juliet Supper Club, and admission to the official Juliet after-party. There will also be rewards for shopping, like a complimentary glass of Champagne with a purchase from any designer, or a personal makeup session with a combined purchase of $300 or more. Tickets ($10) can be purchased at wantickets.com. Juliet Supper Club, 539 W. 21st St., nr. Tenth Ave. (212-929-2400); 7 p.m.
• Meet fashion runway photographer Maria Chandoha Valentino when she gives a talk on the evolution of fashion runways. Guests will view her photos, learn details about her experiences shooting runway shows in the fashion capitals of the world, and hear how the fashion and photography industries have changed over the years. The Museum at FIT, Seventh Ave. at 27th St. (212-217-4558); 6 p.m.
• CB2 is offering 15 percent off each total purchase when customers donate seven nonperishable food items (or make a $10 donation online) to Share our Strength, a nonprofit seeking to end childhood hunger in the U.S. Various locations; see CB2.com for details. Through 11/28.
STARTING TOMORROW • Cashmere for the home and the whole family, including sweaters, scarves, baby items, and pillows, start at 70 percent off at Christopher Fischer. 80 Wooster St., nr. Spring St.; Th-Sa (10-7), Su (11-6), M (10-7), Tu (10-6).
• Italian cashmere, hand knits, ponchos, cardigans, and more samples and past season stock are 70 percent off at M.Patmos. 425 W. 13th St., nr. Ninth Ave., Ste. 406; Th-F (11-7), Sa (10-6).
• Get 25 percent off all coats by Pas de Calais and other accessories at Pachute. 1582 First Ave., nr. 82nd St. (212-794-1260); Th, 6-8.
• Jewelry is up to 60 percent off at the DANNIJO and Vena Cava sample sale. The Vena Cava oxidized silver-plated Coppola cuff is $168 (originally $375), the tribal-inspired Jovita earrings are $88 (originally $195), and the twisted, brass-plated Delu necklace is $108 (originally $270). 457 Broome St., nr. Mercer St., Ste. 2F; Th–F (9–6), S (11–5).
• Take 30 to 75 percent off men’s and womenswear from Steven Alan and other featured designers. Men’s reverse-seam button-downs are $78, marked down from $168; cardigans are $165, originally $265; and totes are $75, originally $198. 87 Franklin St., nr. Broadway; Th-F (8:30-8), Sa (11-7), Su (11-5).
• The News’ fall sample sale will offer discounted shoes, denim, and tees from Anniel, Eternal Child, Common Project, Sacai, R13, and more. 495 Broadway, nr. Broome St., fifth fl. (212-925-9700); Th-Sa (10-6).
• Check out archival items from Loeffler Randall’s RTW and handbag collections – up to 60 percent off retail – at their sample sale. 525 Broadway, nr. Spring St., fourth fl. (212-226-8787x10); Th-Sa.
• Menswear and womenswear are discounted at the Inhabit sample sale. 320 W. 37th St., nr. Eighth Ave., fourteenth fl.; W–Th (10–6).
• Take 50 to 90 percent off retail prices on jewelry, shoes, and handbags from this year’s collections at the Tuleste Market holiday sample sale. All items offered will be priced from $10-$150, marked down from original prices of $75-$450. Draft Bar, 157 Ludlow St., nr. Rivington St.; W-Th (noon-8).
• Outerwear is $50, sweaters are $30, t-shirts are $10 and pants are $20 at the Original Penguin sample sale. 42 W. 39th St., fourth fl.; W-Th (10-4).
• Coats, jackets, dresses, and sweaters are 50 percent off at Nanette Lepore’s fall sample sale. 225 W. 35th St., nr. Seventh Ave., fourth fl.; T-Th (9-7).
• Grab cashmere sweaters starting at $50, cotton-blended styles starting at $25, and leather coats starting at $75 at the QI and Ainsley sample sales. 261 W. 36th St. (nr. Seventh Ave.), second fl.; T (11-7), W (11-6), Th (11-7).
• Check out items from Thakoon at their sample sale. 270 Lafayette St., at Prince St., Ste. 1005; W-F (8:30-6:30).
• Wool blazers are $80, lace dresses are $100, silk rompers are $80, and striped sweater dresses are $60 at the Charlotte Ronson holiday sample sale. 1071 Sixth Ave., nr. 24th St., Ste. 301; W–F (10–7).
• Separates and one-of-a-kind samples are 40 to 60 percent off at the Twinkle by Wenlan sample sale. 545 Eighth Ave., nr. 37th St., seventeenth fl.; W–F (10–6).
• Womenswear is up to 65 percent off at the Ali Ro sample sale. 530 Seventh Ave., nr. 38th St., fourteenth fl.; W (noon–5:30), Th (9–5:30), F (9–3).
• Original vintage samples and items from the fall collection are up to 75 percent off at the Vivenne Tam fall sample sale. 260 W. 39th St., nr. Seventh Ave., eleventh fl.; W (9-8), Th (10-7), F (10-6).
• Womenswear is up to 70 percent off at the Rubin Chapelle sale. Silk dresses are $135 (originally $980), jeans are $45 (originally $220), and wool and cashmere coats are $420 (originally 1,850). 410 W. 14th St., nr. Tenth Ave. (212-647-8636); W–S (noon–7).
• Browse sale items from Camilla, Yosi Samra, Minnie Mortimer, Bod & Christenson, and Maisonette 1977, all up to 85 percent off at the VPR sample sale. 231 W. 29th St., Ste. 302 (917-338-4788); W-F (10-6).
• Thongs are $11 (originally $18 to $23), boy-shorts are $12 (originally $29 to $40), and chemises are $25 at the Hanky Panky sample sale. 260 Fifth Ave., nr. 28th St.; T–W (8:30–8), Th (8:30–7), F (9–1:30).
• Cookware from Wusthof, Gourmet, Mauviel, Le Creuset, and All Clad are up to 50 percent off at Broadway Panhandler. 65 E. 8th St., nr. Broadway (212-966-3434); M–W and F–S (11–7), Th (11–8), Su (11–6). Through 11/27.
• The Boyfriend leather cross-body bag is $178 (originally $295), the quilted leather Flame satchel is $272 (originally $495), and the Brigitte silk bustier dress is $190 (originally $350) at the Rebecca Minkoff sample sale. 14 W. 14th St., nr. Fifth Ave.; T (4–9), W–S (10–7), Su (11–5).
• Select lighting, tabletop accessories, baby furniture, and bedding is up to 75 percent off at the ABC Carpet & Home outlet sale. 1055 Bronx River Ave., nr. Watson Ave., The Bronx; M–S (10–7), Su (11–6), through 11/20.
• Take 60 to 80 percent off menswear brands such as Stone Island and Nigel Cabourn at the M5 Showroom sample sale. 375 W. Broadway, Ste. 500; daily (10-6) through 11/21.
• Womenswear is 40 to 70 percent off at the Chelsea Flower and Love Sam sample sale. 231 W. 39th St., nr. Eighth Ave., Ste. 806; daily (10–5) through 11/22.
• Take 20 percent off JF & Son’s limited-edition pieces and leather goods at its new Ellen pop-up, as well as at the original JF & Son storefront. Ellen, 122 Ludlow St., nr. Rivington St. (212-471-0080); JF & Son, 56 University Pl. (212-343-3131); through 11/30.