• Join the Phoenix House Foundation as they pay tribute to exceptional leaders in the fashion and retail industries at the 2011 Fashion Award Dinner. Tickets are available at phoenixhouse.org. Pier Sixty, Chelsea Piers, West Side Hwy. at 23rd St. (212-336-6666); 6:30-9:30.
• Hear from a diverse panel of top fashion industry professionals at the Creative Minds Salon’s Round Table. Learn about the relationship between fashion and culture, the effect of economic circumstances on fashion, and how these factors influence industry members, businesses, and the market. Tickets ($65) can be purchased at eventbrite.com. Tribeca Grand, 2 Sixth Ave., nr. White St. (212-519-6600); 7-10.
• Get an individual skin-care and makeup lesson featuring new holiday looks at an evening hosted by Fresh and Make Up For Ever. Guests will enjoy champagne and hors d’oeuvres, receive tips from the pros, and leave with a goody bag full of Fresh and Make Up For Ever samples. Tickets ($30) can be purchased at urbangirlsquad.com. Fresh, 872 Broadway, nr. 18th St. (212-477-1100); 7:30-9:30.
• Surface to Air men’s and women’s samples and items from past seasons will be 60 to 80 percent off retail at their two-day sample sale. Chelsea Market, 75 Ninth Ave., nr. 16th St.; W-Th (10:30-7).
• Get 20 percent off home and office furniture for twenty days at Blu Dot’s annual 20/20 sale. 140 Wooster St. (212-780-9058); through 11/8.