• Celebrate the opening of a new Ted Baker shop at Bloomingdale’s with Nigel Barker, and catch a sneak preview of his documentary Dreams Are Not Forgotten. Enjoy martinis and chocolates courtesy of Hotel Chocolat and music by D.J. Kalkutta. Plus, shoppers who spend $150 or more will receive a free gift and a photo with Nigel to take home that evening. Bloomingdale’s, 1000 Third Ave., nr. 59th St. (212-705-2000); 6-8.
• Join Wool and the Gang for Knit Night, an evening hosted by the Soho-based retailer where guests can either bring their own knitting project and ask for tips, or purchase a Wool and the Gang Knitting Kit to learn how to make their own cozy winter wardrobe. All levels of knitting expertise are welcome, and guests will receive 10 percent off their purchases. Wool and the Gang, 98 Thompson St., nr. Prince St. (212-966-9266); 6-9.
• Discover perfumes dating as far back as the first century when noted osmocurator Christophe Laudamiel of Versaille’s Osmothèque fragrance archive presents “A Scent of History”, the first event in FIAF’s Le Parfum: The Power of Fragrance series. Tickets are $45 and can be purchased by phone or online. FIAF, Le Skyroom, 22 E. 60th St., nr. Park Ave. (800-982-2787); 7.
• Get complimentary skin consultations, wine, and refreshments at Walker’s Apothecary’s beauty extravaganza. Skin-care guru Shalea Walker will be on hand to create custom-blended perfumes, body lotions, and shea butters. Corrente, 179 Orchard St., nr. Houston St. (212-228-2267); 6-9.
• Rx Art will host a half-off pop-up shop this week featuring original art, artist-designed puzzles, and coloring books. Proceeds from sold items will benefit the nonprofit’s mission to place fine art in hospitals. 208 Forsyth St.; Th (6-8), F-Sa (10-6), Su (noon-6).
• Get 20 percent off home and office furniture for twenty days at Blu Dot’s annual 20/20 sale. 140 Wooster St. (212-780-9058); through 11/8.