Three new images of Karl Lagerfeld’s forthcoming line, Karl, have been released by Net-a-Porter.com today, along with a lengthy description of the 70-piece collection.
Here’s a condensed version of the press release:
- The predominant colors are black, white, gray, silver, burgundy and pink.
- Some pieces have vinyl sleeves.
- Athletics-inspired shorts feature rubber patches stamped with Karl’s logo at the waist, “reminiscent of a boxer’s belt.”
- A pair of heavy cotton shorts have zippers on the thigh.
- Expect lots of tuxedo elements, like bib-front shirts and black wool pants with tuxedo stripes.
- T-shirt dresses will have “plunging zippered necklines.”
- Materials include metallic silk, cotton jersey, and, on skirts particularly, leather and sequins.
- There will, of course, be lots of detachable collars.
As previously reported, the prices will range from $50 for a canvas bag embellished with a portrait of Karl to over $1,000 for some of the leather pieces; it hits Net-a-Porter on January 25.