• Get practical advice and tips for incorporating bold colors into your makeup routine at this Urban Girl Squad–sponsored event. Experts from Space.NK will refresh your face with a mini-facial or peel before helping you find your best shades for a bold lip or dramatic eye. Tickets ($35) are available at urbangirlsquad.com. 99 Greene St., nr. Prince St. (212-941-4200); 7–9.
• Check out a fashion show and panel discussion with Harper’s Bazaar senior web editor Joyann King and Bloomberg News correspondent Gigi Stone during a celebration for the launch of the Akris Punto shop at Bloomingdale’s. Ten percent of the event’s sales will be donated to the Opportunity Network, a nonprofit dedicated to providing high-achieving high school students with access to college and careers. RSVP by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St., second fl. (212-705-2000); 6–8.
• Meet Derek Lam as he introduces his new collection, 10 Crosby Derek Lam, at Bloomingdale’s. 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St., second fl. (212-705-2000); 6 p.m.
• Tommy Hilfiger sits down with New York Fashion Week creator Fern Mallis as part of her Fashion Icons series at 92nd Street Y. Get involved in the conversation by posting your questions for Hilfiger on the 92Y Facebook page. Tickets (from $29) are available at 92y.org. Kaufmann Concert Hall, 1395 Lexington Ave., nr. 92nd St. (212-415-5500); 8 p.m.
• Menswear and womenswear items are 30 to 70 percent off at David Yurman’s spring sample sale. Ten percent of proceeds from the sale will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. 135 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave.; Th (3–8), F-Sa (10–7), Su (11–5). Through 3/11.
• Menswear from Bonobos is marked down at Clothingline, with pants for $50 (originally $88-$195), shirts for $35 (originally $80-$108), and polos for $25 (originally $55-$68). 261 36th St., nr. Seventh Ave., second fl; W–Th (11–7), F (11–6).
• Ready-to-wear clothes and accessories are up to 80 percent off at Roberta Freymann’s annual sample sale. Block-printed merchandise for men, women, and children and home items from the Roberta Roller Rabbit lifestyle brand are discounted as well. The Berry long dress is $50 (originally $145), the Santa Fe bib necklace is $50 (originally $250), and the 26-inch Elsa pillow is $30 (originally $75). 260 Fifth Ave., nr. 28th St.; W–F (11–6), Sa (11–3). Through 3/10.
• All furniture and accessories are 15 percent off at Kartell. 39 Greene St., nr. Grand St.; (212-966-6665). Through 3/19.
• Take 70 percent off handmade jewelry at Scosha in-store and online. 64 Grand St., at Wythe Ave., Williamsburg (718-387-4618); T-Sa (noon–6), Su (noon–5); scosha.com. Through 3/11.
• Stop by Katherine Hooker’s first-ever New York pop-up shop for the debut of her spring-summer 2012 RTW dress-jacket line. Pieces will be available in U.S. sizes 4 through 12. 102 Thompson St., nr. Prince St.; M–F (11–8), Sa–Su (10–7). Through 3/11.