• Artist and fashion icon Robert W. Richards presents his new book, Chapters in an Improbable Life, and shares stories from the decades he’s spent in the worlds of fashion, gay rights, film, and music. Tickets ($12 in advance, $15 at the door) can be purchased here. Dixon Place, 161A Chrystie St., nr. Delancey St. (212-219-0736); 9:30 p.m.
• Menswear from Fred Perry, Penguin, and JanSport is available at the EFOR pop-up shop. 228 Columbus Ave., nr. 70th St. (212-229-1975); daily, 11–8.
• Get 30 to 70 percent off scarves from designers including Bindya, Lulla Collection, We Are Owls, Theodora & Callum, and Tilo at the Chic Tweak sample sale. 49 W. 38th St., nr. Sixth Ave.; W (10–7), Th–F (10–6).
• Take up to 60 percent off menswear and womenswear at the Express semiannual clearance sale. Women’s knit blazers are $40 (originally $80), men’s plaid shirts are $30 (originally $70), and men’s straight-leg jeans are $40 (originally $88). Various locations; through 4/12.
• Women’s accessories, denim, sweaters, dresses, tees, and outerwear are 40 percent off at the A|X Armani Exchange PopDown Shop. 129 Fifth Ave., at 20th St., lower level (212-254-7230); M-Su (9 a.m.–9:30 p.m.). Through 4/20.
• Everything in stock is 70 percent off during Crumpler’s closeout sale, as the brand makes way for a new look at its Soho location. Luggage is $66 (originally $220), camera bags are $20 (originally $85), and messenger bags are $44 (originally $140). 45 Spring St., nr. Mulberry St. (212-334-9391); daily, 11:30–7:30. Through 4/30 while supplies last.
• Quantities of 100 personalized note sheets are $245 (originally $345) at the Dempsey & Carroll note sheet sale. 1049 Lexington Ave., nr. 74th St. (212-570-4800); M–W (10–6), Th (11–8), F–Sa (10–6). Through 4/30.