• See Barneys creative ambassador Simon Doonan and Frank De Caro at Bryant Park’s “Word for Word” series. Doonan will discuss his latest book, Gay Men Don’t Get Fat. Bryant Park Reading Room, 42nd St., nr. Sixth Ave.; (212-768-42420); (12:30–1:45).
• Lingerie, sleepwear, loungewear, and ready-to-wear are marked down at the Josie Natori sale. 102 Madison Ave., nr. 30th St., third fl.; daily (10–4). Through 6/21.
• Styles will be marked down by 40 to 75 percent at the Melissa Shoes summer sample sale. 520 W. 27th St., nr. Tenth Ave., ste. 601, (646-478-8967); daily (12–8). Through 6/23.
• Score dresses, swimwear, and separates for up to 75 percent off at the Shoshanna sale. 231 W. 39th St., nr. Seventh Ave., ste. 422; W (10–6:30), Th (10–6). Through 6/21.
• Lauren Moffatt’s spring sample sale ends tomorrow with tops, skirts, shorts, and swimwear on sale for $90 and dresses for $130. 214 W. 29th St., nr. Seventh Ave., ste. 1503; (9–6).
• Clothing, accessories, and other items (including pieces from Madewell) are up to 60 percent off at the J. Crew sample sale. 260 Fifth Ave., nr. 28th St.; T–Sa (10–8), Su (12–5). Through 6/24.
• Steven Alan’s semiannual sample sale has moved online. Starting tomorrow, the company’s website will be taking up to 70 percent off the main line as well as pieces from up-and-coming designers like Wool and the Gang, 8.15, and Isaora. Stevenalan.com. Through 6/22.
• Charlotte Olympia’s SS12 styles are currently discounted both online and in-store. 22 E. 65th St., nr. Madison Ave., (212-744-1842). M-Sa (10—6).