Now that the New York Fashion Week dust (or, er, confetti) has settled, you might find yourself shifting into London mode. But if you’re using the weekend to catch up on the week that was (as we are!), then read on and check out some of our very favorite videos that we produced at the spring 2013 New York shows — and find out what we learned while making each one.
1. Rachel Zoe is just like your spontaneous haircut friend! She debuted brand-new, impulsive fringe backstage at her Wednesday show before sending several fanny packs down the runway. Excuse us. Waist pouches.
2. Wearing roller-skating platform sandals might make it easier to get around New York Fashion Week, but people will point and stare, and you might break an ankle because of the un-supportive footwear — so, basically the same risks the models are facing. (Click the play button above and see what happened when we wore them to Lincoln Center.)
4. Ryan Lochte wasn’t the only golden boy trotting around the tents this week. Fellow U.S. Olympic swim team member Nathan Adrian was here, too! And apparently feeling very uncomfortable with the fact that he had to wear pants. Who required this, and where can we submit a complaint?
5. The showgoers at MADE Fashion Week knew the fashion devil was in the details and accessorized accordingly, showing off an impressive assortment of breathtaking bags, fancy footwear, and stunning shades and shiny things.
6. Do not mess with the MTA, even if you are Marchesa. Also, who knew the police were so concerned with models slipping on banana peels? Is this common?
8. Jason Wu didn’t expect model Carolyn Murphy to have a good walk. He was mistaken.
9. Somehow, Prabal Gurung finalized a 38-look collection and still managed to obsessively keep up with the Republican and Democratic National Conventions coverage. How many hours are in your day, Prabal?
10. Okay, now we totally get why an Hermès Kelly bag costs more than black-market kidney.