Paris Fashion Week is in its last lap — and beyond gigantic mirrors at the Louvre, fashion drones, and repeated Kimye sightings, there have been a few fashion highlights as well. Here, the ten looks that stood out this weekend.
1. At Christian Dior, embroideries and coats inspired by the French court were given a skater-girl touch to make for a pretty cool historical mash-up.
2. At Undercover, Scarlett O’Hara’s dress for the barbecue at Twelve Oaks underwent a gothic transformation.
3. Céline confirmed that fringe is a trend with its strong opening look.
4. Chloé had so many lovely sundresses — including one in floaty, dream-spun silk.
5. Givenchy had the baddest boots you’ve ever seen — perfect for the French version of the bad bitch.
6. A.F. Vandevorst’s petrified cloth bustier looks like it could fly off with the wind.
7. This Yohji Yamamoto look appears to be made of spun gold or, at least, crocheted mylar.
8. Maison Martin Margiela made the best argument for wearing wrap skirts when you’re not at the pool.
9. Acne made the case for the return of the bell bottom.
10. Kenzo featured plenty of futuristic knits, like this mermaid midi skirt.
See the full Christian Dior collection here.
See the full Céline collection here.
See the full Chloé collection here.
See the full Givenchy collection here.
See the full Acne collection here.
See the full Kenzo collection here.
See the full Yohji Yamamoto collection here.
See the full Undercover collection here.
See the full A.F. Vandevorst collection here.
See the full Maison Martin Margiela collection here.