Fashion month usually brings over-the-top looks and accessories designed with fashion editorials in mind. But through all of it, we have to ask ourselves: What would we want to wear? Every day, the Cut brings you editors’ picks — items from the runways they’d actually buy.
1. It’s been amazing to see how Wes Gordon refines his aesthetic each season. Today’s show was all about elegant fabrics and slightly edgy styling choices. One look that stood out was a tailored workman’s jacket paired with a very swanky beaded slip and combat boots.
2. Pale lilac is a color I will always gravitate toward, and Zimmerman’s satin runway coat was no exception. Though it could work as a transitional piece in early spring, I’m already dreaming of wearing it with deep peacock blues and bright-red colors come fall.
3. Jason Wu upgraded the slinky sweater dress by covering it with tiny Swarovski beads that glimmered in the light. It was a shiny, shiny dress that still seemed incredibly cozy.
4. The historically prim Katie Ermilio took a sexier turn this season. There were plenty of experiments with color and lace, but my favorite was this bright-red satin trouser.
5. I think I want to live in this lilac mohair look by Kaelen, which seemed so comfortable, warm, weird, and beautiful all at the same time.