A haiku: Everything is bad / The world is a garbage fire / Here are some good things.
1. A man constructed a homemade wheelchair for his girlfriend’s dog, who lost his back legs. Knowing his girlfriend couldn’t afford the $1,000 expense of an actual wheelchair, James Stewart Paniagua fashioned one for Benny, who now happily uses it to get around.
2. A man planted a huge garden of flowers for his blind wife. Though he knows she can’t see them, he said being able to smell them — and talk to the people who visit the beautiful garden — has made her so much happier.
3. The Pope said contraception might be okay for women threatened by the Zika virus. This represents a pretty significant step forward in the church’s antiquated birth-control policies.
4. Two penguins celebrated their 22nd Valentine’s Day together. They celebrated with fancy fish and balloons.
5. A romantic boyfriend made his girlfriend a bouquet out of Chick-Fil-A. It took 30 chicken nuggets and three large orders of fries to complete the masterpiece, but it was worth every calorie.
6. This panda showed the proper way to roll down a hill. The key is to curl up into a ball and let go.
7. We learned the Rock has a cousin who may be even hotter than he is. Thank you for this gift.
8. This polar bear got tickled. OMG.