On Tuesday, the New York Times issued a disturbing a report: “Almost 40 percent of the millennials … said cereal was an inconvenient breakfast choice because they had to clean up after eating it.”
To the millennials who participated in this survey: What the fuck is wrong with you? Here are some valid reasons for dismissing cereal:
• It requires milk, which is extremely perishable and thus requires you to go grocery shopping frequently.
• The stuff that tastes the best is bad for you.
• It’s a pretty half-assed breakfast and doesn’t compare to an egg sandwich or some pancakes.
• The furry community ruined Frosted Flakes for all of us.
• There aren’t toys at the bottom of the box anymore.
• Nothing’s been the same since they discontinued French Toast Crunch.
So, a message to my fellow millennials (and one of my roommates): Do your damn dishes, and make your nutritional decisions based off something — anything — else.