A New Zealand school has come under fire for telling their female students that they must lengthen their skirts to the knee to “stop boys from getting ideas and create a good work environment for male staff.”
The school also said that lengthening the skirts will “keep our girls safe.” How unfortunate that existing in a pubescent female body is inherently unsafe!
Here are some actual things that could keep these girls “safe”:
• Only hiring teachers that won’t get “distracted” by legs.
• Teaching all students and faculty about what constitutes sexual harassment.
• Not telling girls that their bodies are sex objects that must be covered.
• Having students and faculty distracted by these leg-having girls wear blindfolds.
• Not demonizing female students for having bodies.