Dystopia Comes at You Fast in the The Handmaid’s Tale Trailer
Those who haven’t read The Handmaid’s Tale, beware: Hulu is covering a lot of the book’s plot in these trailers for its upcoming adaptation. The story, a parable about the rise of a misogynistic dystopia, centers on Offred (Elisabeth Moss), who serves as a handmaid to the Commander (Joseph Fiennes) and his wife (Chuck’s Yvonne Strahovski). Samira Wiley, Alexis Bledel, and Ann Dowd fill out the cast. The Handmaid’s Tale premieres on Hulu on April 26. Until then you can take comfort in the idea that the government would totally never use the threat of terrorism to suspend basic constitutional freedoms.
- The 100-Year-Old Hidden Castle Tower in NYC Where AMC’s CEO Lets Down His Hair
- Inside a Design Icon’s Colonial Castle Where Snow White’s Dwarfs May Have Died
- This Artist Bends Neon Into Life-Size Sculptures of Wicked Women
- This Japanese Artist’s Rope-Bondage Performance Straddles S&M and Art
- This Artist Stocked an Entire Supermarket With 31,000 Felt Sculptures
- Inside Aelfie’s Eclectic Williamsburg Loft
- The Horniest Vibrator Scenes From Film and TV
- If You Like Black, White, and Minimalism, You’ll Love this Tribeca Loft
- This Artist’s Giant Yarn Sculptures Explode With Color
- This Artist Sculpts Human & Animal Blood Into Striking Works of Art
- How Likely Are You to Get Skin Cancer?
- The Most Important Thing to Pack for Labor Day
- Interior Lives: This Upper East Side Apartment Is a Living Work of Art
- How Parkland Survivors and Chicago Youth Are Uniting to End Gun Violence
- What It’s Like: My 30-Year Struggle With Antidepressants
- Do You Have What It Takes to Be a Lobster Lady?
- 6 Moms on Motherhood Through the Years
- The Grimes Guide to Space Travel
- How We Made Our Own CGI Influencer in 48 Hours
- Milena and the Technicolor Dog Coat