Dystopia Comes at You Fast in the The Handmaid’s Tale Trailer
Those who haven’t read The Handmaid’s Tale, beware: Hulu is covering a lot of the book’s plot in these trailers for its upcoming adaptation. The story, a parable about the rise of a misogynistic dystopia, centers on Offred (Elisabeth Moss), who serves as a handmaid to the Commander (Joseph Fiennes) and his wife (Chuck’s Yvonne Strahovski). Samira Wiley, Alexis Bledel, and Ann Dowd fill out the cast. The Handmaid’s Tale premieres on Hulu on April 26. Until then you can take comfort in the idea that the government would totally never use the threat of terrorism to suspend basic constitutional freedoms.
- This Artist Sculpts Human & Animal Blood Into Striking Works of Art
- How Likely Are You to Get Skin Cancer?
- Interior Lives: This Upper East Side Apartment Is a Living Work of Art
- How Parkland Survivors and Chicago Youth Are Uniting to End Gun Violence
- What It’s Like: My 30-Year Struggle With Antidepressants
- Do You Have What It Takes to Be a Lobster Lady?
- 6 Moms on Motherhood Through the Years
- The Grimes Guide to Space Travel
- How We Made Our Own CGI Influencer in 48 Hours
- Milena and the Technicolor Dog Coat
- What Would You Wear to Meet God?
- How Women Filmmakers Get It Done
- What Does It Take To Be a Duchess? Inside a Royal Etiquette Class
- The 7 Most Outspoken Women About Equal Pay in Hollywood
- How to Apply Mascara: 14 Ways in Two Minutes
- Men Describe Stills From Janelle Monáe’s ‘Pynk’ Music Video
- Macron’s State Visit With Trump Was a Film Noir Romance
- Get Ultra-Colorful Smoky Eyes With Tom Ford’s Extrême Collection
- What Exactly Is Going On With Donald and Melania Trump’s Body Language?
- As One: Making the Marjory Stoneman Douglas Yearbook