Radical Beauty: Cutting Skin-Deep In a Scar Artist’s Studio
When tattoos just don’t cut it anymore, there’s scarification. Many cultures have practiced cutting and scarification throughout history, but some body modification professionals are turning it into an art form today.
Ryan Ouellette, one of the world’s foremost scarification artists, has worked on more than 500 scars throughout his career. He lets us into his studio in Nashua, New Hampshire, as he carves out a new geometric-pattern scar on a longtime client.
- Rachel Crooks Says Trump Sexually Assaulted Her. Now, She’s Running for Office.
- Radical Beauty: Inside a Naked Yoga Class, Baring is Caring
- Cutting Skin-Deep: Inside the Studio of a Scar Artist
- Snowboarding Superstar Shaun White Was Accused of Sexual Harassment
- The IUD Is Making a Comeback
- Radical Beauty: Meet the Therapist in Brooklyn Giving Leech Facials
- 7 Quotes From New Nassar Accusers Ahead of His Sentencing
- 6 Stories Prove the #MeToo Movement Is Only Getting Started
- The Best Reactions to Trump’s First State of the Union
- The Women’s March One Year Later: Through the Eyes of an Organizer
- All the Best Signs From the Women’s March
- Women’s Rights Activists Respond to Trump’s New HHS Division
- Women Are Replacing Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct
- To Tell the Truth
- Women Share Their Experiences With Assault and Harassment on Capitol Hill
- Women Share Their Experiences With Sexual Assault and Harassment
- 7 References You May Have Missed in Taylor Swift’s ‘Look What You Made Me Do’
- Louise Linton’s ‘Adorably Out of Touch’ Rise to Fame