Radical Beauty: These Lifestyle Vampires Are Serious About Their Fangdom
Sun-soaked Los Angeles might not be an ideal locale for creatures of the night, but for members of the Sabretooth Clan — the world’s largest social network of vampire lifestylers — it’s perfect.
Each year, more than a thousand fanged, well-coiffed vampires attend the Endless Night Vampire Ball in Hollywood. Presided over by Father Sebastiaan, the founder of the Clan, this party is a riot of color, 19th-century costumes, and teeth-baring.
At daybreak, however, Father Sebastiaan — a.k.a. Sebastiaan van Houten — returns to his job as fang-maker for his unending stream of clients. From his studio in Hollywood, he schools us on the role of fangs as sex toy, the epic-ness of his balls, and the rites of transformation any human has to undergo in order to enter his Clan.
- Radical Beauty: Benny Harlem and the World’s Tallest Hair
- Radical Beauty: These Lifestyle Vampires Are Serious About Their Fangdom
- Radical Beauty: Meet the People Implanting Themselves With Technology
- Radical Beauty: Inside a Naked Yoga Class, Baring is Caring
- Cutting Skin-Deep: Inside the Studio of a Scar Artist
- Snowboarding Superstar Shaun White Was Accused of Sexual Harassment
- Radical Beauty: Meet the Therapist in Brooklyn Giving Leech Facials
- 6 Stories Prove the #MeToo Movement Is Only Getting Started
- Women Are Replacing Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct
- To Tell the Truth
- Remembering Sandy Hook: How a Mother Copes
- We Need to Do Away With America’s Dad As Our Journalistic Standard
- Women Share Their Experiences With Assault and Harassment on Capitol Hill
- Watch an Illustrated 30,000-Year Evolution of the Sex Toy
- Watch How Bergdorf Goodman’s Holiday Windows Were Made
- Let Cardi B Teach You How to Hustle
- These Sculptures Made Out of Fabric Will Blow Your Mind
- Women Share Their Experiences With Sexual Assault and Harassment