Radical Beauty: These Lifestyle Vampires Are Serious About Their Fangdom
Sun-soaked Los Angeles might not be an ideal locale for creatures of the night, but for members of the Sabretooth Clan — the world’s largest social network of vampire lifestylers — it’s perfect.
Each year, more than a thousand fanged, well-coiffed vampires attend the Endless Night Vampire Ball in Hollywood. Presided over by Father Sebastiaan, the founder of the Clan, this party is a riot of color, 19th-century costumes, and teeth-baring.
At daybreak, however, Father Sebastiaan — a.k.a. Sebastiaan van Houten — returns to his job as fang-maker for his unending stream of clients. From his studio in Hollywood, he schools us on the role of fangs as sex toy, the epic-ness of his balls, and the rites of transformation any human has to undergo in order to enter his Clan.
- How to Make the Most of the Holidays This Year
- Weruche Opia Wants Everyone’s Story Told
- Your Favorite Auntie is Here to Help
- Finding Style Inspiration in the Everyday
- Love in the Time of Quarantine
- What We Know About COVID-19 and Pregnancy
- How Three Pregnant Women Are Responding to COVID-19
- Advice from Italian Parents on Lockdown
- How West Side Story’s Shereen Pimentel Gets It Done
- Inside Athena Calderone’s Elegant Brooklyn Brownstone
- How Comedian Jo Firestone Gets It Done
- Inside Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney’s Long Island Art Studio
- How New Yorker Illustrator Liana Finck Gets It Done
- Jonathan Adler and Simon Doonan Reveal Their Whimsical Greenwich Village Home
- Inside Kelly Behun’s Mesmerizing Apartment in the Clouds
- Inside One of the Last Bohemian Homes in Hotel Chelsea
- How Iliza Shlesinger Gets It Done
- How Hadestown’s Eva Noblezada Gets It Done
- 4 Women at the Top of Their Fields on How They Get It Done
- How The Daily Show’s Dulcé Sloan Gets It Done