Meet the Fragrance Professional Whose Perfect Hair Is a Statement of Success
Laura Slatkin began her dedication to the perfect coif about 15 years ago, right as she started her luxury home fragrance company, NEST Fragrances.
Despite her manifold responsibilities as wife, mother, entrepreneur, and philanthropist (she also co-founded NEXT for AUTISM, a nonprofit that supports and innovates autism programs nationally), Slatkin still finds the time to maintain her distinct public image.
She’s never seen without a perfectly teased and backcombed bouffant — on the red carpet, at dinner parties, or on TV. We visited her at home to talk style icons and the importance of cultivating an individual ideal of beauty.
- Inside a Design Icon’s Colonial Castle Where Snow White’s Dwarfs May Have Died
- This Artist Bends Neon Into Life-Size Sculptures of Wicked Women
- This Japanese Artist’s Rope-Bondage Performance Straddles S&M and Art
- This Artist Stocked an Entire Supermarket With 31,000 Felt Sculptures
- Inside Aelfie’s Eclectic Williamsburg Loft
- The Horniest Vibrator Scenes From Film and TV
- If You Like Black, White, and Minimalism, You’ll Love this Tribeca Loft
- This Artist’s Giant Yarn Sculptures Explode With Color
- This Artist Sculpts Human & Animal Blood Into Striking Works of Art
- How Likely Are You to Get Skin Cancer?
- Interior Lives: This Upper East Side Apartment Is a Living Work of Art
- How Parkland Survivors and Chicago Youth Are Uniting to End Gun Violence
- What It’s Like: My 30-Year Struggle With Antidepressants
- Do You Have What It Takes to Be a Lobster Lady?
- 6 Moms on Motherhood Through the Years
- The Grimes Guide to Space Travel
- How We Made Our Own CGI Influencer in 48 Hours
- Milena and the Technicolor Dog Coat
- What Would You Wear to Meet God?
- How Women Filmmakers Get It Done