Meet the Fragrance Professional Whose Perfect Hair Is a Statement of Success
Laura Slatkin began her dedication to the perfect coif about 15 years ago, right as she started her luxury home fragrance company, NEST Fragrances.
Despite her manifold responsibilities as wife, mother, entrepreneur, and philanthropist (she also co-founded NEXT for AUTISM, a nonprofit that supports and innovates autism programs nationally), Slatkin still finds the time to maintain her distinct public image.
She’s never seen without a perfectly teased and backcombed bouffant — on the red carpet, at dinner parties, or on TV. We visited her at home to talk style icons and the importance of cultivating an individual ideal of beauty.
- Jill Kargman Is Aroused by Her Wallpaper
- This Cobble Hill Townhouse Has a Two-Story Bookshelf, Moon Light, Climbing Wall
- The Subtle Lip Stain Our Beauty Director Loves
- Gloria Vanderbilt Reveals the Inside of Her Upper East Side Home
- The 100-Year-Old Hidden Castle Tower in NYC Where AMC’s CEO Lets Down His Hair
- Inside a Design Icon’s Colonial Castle Where Snow White’s Dwarfs May Have Died
- This Artist Bends Neon Into Life-Size Sculptures of Wicked Women
- This Japanese Artist’s Rope-Bondage Performance Straddles S&M and Art
- This Artist Stocked an Entire Supermarket With 31,000 Felt Sculptures
- Inside Aelfie’s Eclectic Williamsburg Loft
- The Horniest Vibrator Scenes From Film and TV
- If You Like Black, White, and Minimalism, You’ll Love this Tribeca Loft
- This Artist’s Giant Yarn Sculptures Explode With Color
- This Artist Sculpts Human & Animal Blood Into Striking Works of Art
- How Likely Are You to Get Skin Cancer?
- The Most Important Thing to Pack for Labor Day
- Interior Lives: This Upper East Side Apartment Is a Living Work of Art
- How Parkland Survivors and Chicago Youth Are Uniting to End Gun Violence
- What It’s Like: My 30-Year Struggle With Antidepressants
- Do You Have What It Takes to Be a Lobster Lady?