Meet the Greek-Cypriot Model Owning Her Unibrow, Named Veronica
Asked what her unibrow’s name is, Greek-Cypriot model Sophia Hadjipanteli told us it’d be Veronica, and that she’d be a “no-shit bitch.”
The 21-year-old University of Maryland student has been gaining momentum as an outspoken model (currently at 162,000 followers and growing), subverting industry norms on hair and body-positivity. But in doing so, she’s also faced internet trolls, death threats, and accusations of cultural appropriation.
We caught up with Hadjipanteli to get some backstory on Veronica, along with comments on why she won’t back down with both her look and message.
- What It’s Like: My 30-Year Struggle With Antidepressants
- Do You Have What It Takes to Be a Lobster Lady?
- 6 Moms on Motherhood Through the Years
- The Grimes Guide to Space Travel
- How We Made Our Own CGI Influencer in 48 Hours
- Milena and the Technicolor Dog Coat
- What Would You Wear to Meet God?
- How Women Filmmakers Get It Done
- What Does It Take To Be a Duchess? Inside a Royal Etiquette Class
- The 7 Most Outspoken Women About Equal Pay in Hollywood
- How to Apply Mascara: 14 Ways in Two Minutes
- Men Describe Stills From Janelle Monáe’s ‘Pynk’ Music Video
- Macron’s State Visit With Trump Was a Film Noir Romance
- Get Ultra-Colorful Smoky Eyes With Tom Ford’s Extrême Collection
- What Exactly Is Going On With Donald and Melania Trump’s Body Language?
- As One: Making the Marjory Stoneman Douglas Yearbook
- ‘How I Get It Done’ Panelists Share Their Secrets to Success
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Engagement Chicken
- This 9-Year-Old Hair Model Has a Message for Other Girls
- A Face Without Eyebrows Is a World of Possibility