This Luxury Eyewear Designer Finds the Hyperreal in Orange Hair
Kerin Rose Gold’s luxury, custom-bedazzled eyewear creations have graced the brows of celebs like Lady Gaga, Rihanna, and Missy Elliott.
But that’s not the only way this artist-entrepreneur stands out from the crowd: her mane of waist-length, candy-corn orange hair stops cars and puts Jessica Rabbit to shame. While the reactions are mostly positive, it’s both a “gift and a curse to be the girl with the orange hair.”
“Older conservative women in lifts,” she says, “Tend to put their hands on their hearts and tell me I’m so brave.”
We caught up with Kerin at her studio, to talk hair care, the importance of self-expression, and her long-standing love for the hyperreal.
- How Parkland Survivors and Chicago Youth Are Uniting to End Gun Violence
- What It’s Like: My 30-Year Struggle With Antidepressants
- Do You Have What It Takes to Be a Lobster Lady?
- 6 Moms on Motherhood Through the Years
- The Grimes Guide to Space Travel
- How We Made Our Own CGI Influencer in 48 Hours
- Milena and the Technicolor Dog Coat
- What Would You Wear to Meet God?
- How Women Filmmakers Get It Done
- What Does It Take To Be a Duchess? Inside a Royal Etiquette Class
- The 7 Most Outspoken Women About Equal Pay in Hollywood
- How to Apply Mascara: 14 Ways in Two Minutes
- Men Describe Stills From Janelle Monáe’s ‘Pynk’ Music Video
- Macron’s State Visit With Trump Was a Film Noir Romance
- Get Ultra-Colorful Smoky Eyes With Tom Ford’s Extrême Collection
- What Exactly Is Going On With Donald and Melania Trump’s Body Language?
- As One: Making the Marjory Stoneman Douglas Yearbook
- ‘How I Get It Done’ Panelists Share Their Secrets to Success
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Engagement Chicken
- This 9-Year-Old Hair Model Has a Message for Other Girls